Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a MK2 MX-5 Bonnet

• 04-01-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

My girlfriend had a little incident shortly before Christmas where she went into the back of someone at about 15 mile an hour slightly bending the bonnet and breaking her headlight.

Headlight was an easy replacement but the bonnet is proving very tricky indeed, local motor factors, scrap yards and internet (300 euro on mx5prts, that's a bit too rich for us I'm afraid) are proving fruitless. The car is a 99 red MK 2 MX-5 as per the thread title and if anyone knows where we'd get a bonnet for it I'd greatly appreciate it.

Obviously red would be best but my brother could spray it if needed so any colour would do it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

put up a request at www.mx5ireland.com and you should get a result.

Outside of that, traynor's usually have MX-5's broken.

Otherwise a new one isn't mad money: HERE

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

galwaytt wrote: »
    put up a request at www.mx5ireland.com and you should get a result.

Outside of that, traynor's usually have MX-5's broken.

Otherwise a new one isn't mad money: HERE

We rang traynor's before x-mas and no luck but might try them again after all this icy weather there could be a few for breaking.

Never thought of the Irish owners club, thanks for that.

The mx5 parts site in England don't ship the bonnet unfortunately (tis a bit pricey though) Second hand would be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I get stuff from them all the time - what's the issue with shipping ?? :confused:

272 for a bonnet is cheap - have you priced it at a Mazda dealer ?

Don't forget you have to ship/collect, and paint a used one too........which will cost MORE for a used one than a new one.......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Have a look here. You might get it cheaper.

www.partfinder.ie Good luck.

galwaytt wrote: »
    I get stuff from them all the time - what's the issue with shipping ?? :confused:

Yeah my girlfreind has used them in the past and has found them to be very good to deal with but they wont ship the bonnet because it is 60kg boxed up.
    272 for a bonnet is cheap - have you priced it at a Mazda dealer ?

The last bonnet I bought was a spurious one for an EG civic track car and it was 70 euro so I have to say 272 for an unpainted one came as a bit of a shock. I'm trying to do this on a budget so admittedly haven't even called a main dealer as I just assume it will be pricey.
    Don't forget you have to ship/collect, and paint a used one too........which will cost MORE for a used one than a new one.......

That one on mx5parts is also unpainted so the only difference would be the collection cost and considering the lower price for a second hand item, the collection cost would want to be pretty staggering to justify buying new.

We have paint (painted a wing mirror recently and had to buy more paint than we'd need, but surprise, now we need it) and my brother will do the painting so there is no way a second hand one will cost more unless people are looking for stupid money for them. There was one for sale on adverts for 50 quid last summer but even if a second hand one costs 3 times that, plus 50 euro diesel to collect it and give the brother 50 quid for his time, it's still a better option than new.

I'll get herself to post on the Irish owners site and give traynors another call. Might be worth giving the main dealers a ring too, just for information if nothing else.

• Advertisement

Muckie wrote: »
    Have a look here. You might get it cheaper.

www.partfinder.ie Good luck.

Few hits off that, will ring round

Thanks a million

Advertisement