Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aprilia rs125 HELP

• 04-01-2010 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

hi there i thinking of swapping my nsr for aprilia rs 125 99 model. I am a learner and company is giving me quote on insurance but just wondering if this is right. bike is 33bhp is this learner legal please help . Also is it a good bike better than nsr80 ??? Opinions thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

What quote are you getting ?

And yes the RS125 is a savage machine ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

What about a restricted 400/600? Bit more stable because of the extra weight, if you're young though insurance might be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Johnaldinioh

getting quote of 700. I only 20 so think i wouldnt be ready for something too big however for same insurance could get a kawasaki ninja250 which is very appealing but unfortunately too expensive. would ye think it might be better to learn on the nsr80 even though it feels like a dead slug to me tbh

I'd say take a lesson at a bike school, most of them use restricted 600cc Bandits, once you get used to the weight the nsr will feel like a moped :p You might like them light but a heavier bike is more stable and feels safer IMO.

i dont have the money for the course at the moment so hoping to just practice and learn by trial and error . Think if i got a bike thats too big i would get a bit carried away on it as already driving the nsr on top revs :o

• Advertisement

i dont have the money for the course at the moment so hoping to just practice and learn by trial and error . Think if i got a bike thats too big i would get a bit carried away on it as already driving the nsr on top revs :o

RS125 is two stroke right? It'd outpace my CB400 anyway

ya she is all right . I just thinking say ill stick to the nsr for awhile not that i can even get out in this weather on it with the skinny little wheels . hope clears up soon ffs :mad::mad:

ya she is all right . I just thinking say ill stick to the nsr for awhile not that i can even get out in this weather on it with the skinny little wheels . hope clears up soon ffs :mad::mad:

Where you located? If you're around Dublin there's usually a spin on Sundays, loads of bikes you can have a look at

im in cork unfortunately . dont think i would be ready for any of them runs yet bit soon i think dont like to hold everyone up

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

Prob get my head bitten off now but, rs 125 is not an everyday bike if your planning on using it as a commuter/runaround.

Fun engines but very high maintenance.

Check out honda superfours.

• Advertisement

Dark-Mavis wrote: »
    Prob get my head bitten off now but, rs 125 is not an everyday bike if your planning on using it as a commuter/runaround.

Fun engines but very high maintenance.

Check out honda superfours.

I agree, not that I'm biased or anything :pac:

dont really like the naked frame i prefer sportier bikes with full fairings . love the yamaha yzf125 though now that bike i would give my right arm for

out of interest, what's your budget?

small budget basically whatever i can get for my nsr
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/1100731 that it there dont really know how much i should be asking

small budget basically whatever i can get for my nsr
    http www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/1100731 that it there dont really know how much i should be asking

What about something like this?

4stroke 400cc, would give you less hassle than a sports 125 2stroke anyway.

class now that i like i must admit

Advertisement