Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darksiders

• 04-01-2010 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Ok, just saw this one now (so apologies if this has been posted before), should be able to get it here on Friday....

Darksiders

Looks quite good, and straight in at 87 from metacritic !

Just may have to pick this one up...

:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah looks terrific alright.
    I'll be grabbing this with Bayonetta on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

where u getting it on Friday ? Gonna check if I can prebook it in Game now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Cant wait to get this, my most looked forward to game in this year (and there is a lot of competition).

Heard that some stores broke the street date on the week running up to Xmas along with Bayonetta but nowhere here did......grrrrrr the problem with no independant games stores.

Yo Mamma wrote: »
    where u getting it on Friday ? Gonna check if I can prebook it in Game now...
    Not sure yet... Gamestop, Smyths and Xtravision are all nearby, so I'll shop around at lunchtime on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Mine should have been here by now i dont know whats going on but i havent gotten any post since xmas eve !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

looks good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Anyone know if anywhere has broken the street date for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Anyone pick this up yet? I'm very tempted to get it but finding it hard to justify spending too much money on it as I've gone a bit trigger happy when it comes to buying games in the last few weeks! If it's around the €40 I'd be very tempted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

It was €45 in Gamestop Stephens Green last night, along with Bayonetta.. was very tempted, but I've a few PS3 games en route so I held off..

Cool, nice one I might stroll down town later and see how much it is in HMV. They're usually €5 cheaper than Gamestop these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Ugh I'm thorn, do I want this or not. The vid reviews are very divisive, some people say its amazing and others say its just passable. It looks deadly and the story seems nice and interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Give it a rental then (if Xtra-Vision even have it). If you like it you will probably finish it within the week. If not, ya only lost €8 rather than €45-€50

Good advice, I have never rented a 360 game....time to take the leap perhaps

RAIN wrote: »
    Good advice, I have never rented a 360 game....time to take the leap perhaps

I never rented games either until recently enough, rented a few PS3 games instead of buying them, especially single player games. Got out of the habit when I bought my Xbox though. Must get back into the habit with so many games coming out over the next few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

This game is pretty good. I'm about 2 hours into it. the story, graphics and voice acting are all well done. The combat at the start was a bit dull or something but when you start to upgrade and get some new moves, it gets interesting fast! lots of upgrade potential. Really enjoying it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

is the game already out? :O didn't realise....

Tis 44.99 in HMV too, so looks like that's the cheapest you'll get it in bricks and mortar shops. I fouind 8 quid in change in an old pair of jeans so that was enough to justify purchasing it for me! Looking forward to playing it in an hour or so when I finish work. Had no intention of buying it until last night when I read a couple of reviews, and then watched this quick look which made me think it's the kinda game I'd like.

Ugh, I know im going to buy this now, the gamespot reviews are good and I need something to cheer me up post Snowy weather. PS3 version is apparently superior due to frame rate and tearing issues, can anyone confirm that its bad enough to matter?

RAIN wrote: »
    Ugh, I know im going to buy this now, the gamespot reviews are good and I need something to cheer me up post Snowy weather. PS3 version is apparently superior due to frame rate and tearing issues, can anyone confirm that its bad enough to matter?

The tearing issue on the 360 is going to be patched pretty soon. I haven't heard much about the frame rate.

link

Got my missus to pick it up on the way home....so much for renting :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Playing it for the last two hours and it's great fun. The combat is simple enough but it does very well that it's not repetitive. The voice acting is good, the story is good so far, I really like all of the character design. I'm loving it to be honest.
    There is a little bit of tearing but it's not that bad. I thought it was my monitor. I noticed the frame rate getting a bit choppy at the start of the game but it's not really happening anymore.
    A great game so far!
    Has anybody gotten the
    scythe
    yet and how would you rate it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Got mine today for PS3 only taking a break now to have a sandwidch and cup of coffee. Its pretty good so far but its hard to judge so far. Graphics & voice work are very good story is differently good. Combat is good you can use your sword or pick up stuff around you cars etc smash them into things. Found a little bit of the same killer move for the same enemy apearig allready. It was cool to pin a monsters hand to the ground with my sword and then punch him in the head while he couldnt get away. Even the 3 and 4th time it was cool 6th time not so much.

Only just started getting my power ups and stuff so im expecting it to get a lot better but good so far.

Got about an hour in, it's good so far; the combat is pretty cool so far and the story is good but you can pretty much see where it's gna go already. Looking forward to the combat to start ramping. It looks great - the opening is sweet but the enviorments are a little sparse.

Looking forward to playing some more!

I'm a few hours into it now and the combat has kicked up a notch now that I've unlocked some new combos and stuff. I'm really starting to love the game. It's really well presented too and there's a nice bit of variety in it too.

I'm a couple of hours into it myself now, very enjoyable and the storyline is quite cool. And it's more challenging than I thought it would be!

Yep, enjoying it too. I heard that the Apocalyptic difficulty was manageable, so I jumped in the deep end. Its a great game, combat is fun, and the storyline is great. Bit weird having the Joker as a companion though..... after just playing Arkham Asylum, I think The Watcher is very like the Joker (Mark Hamill did both voices).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 InDemand

Sounds like this could be fun. I might chance venturing into xtravision and picking up a copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭inFamouxe

Is this game worth it? cause i am not quite sure if i will goin to get it or not and there's loads of good games coming out on feb (Bioshock 2, Dante's Inferno, Lost Planet 2, Heavy Rain)

Definitely worth picking up in my opinion.

And on a side note Lost Planet 2 isn't out until June I believe.

• Advertisement

Yeah defo worth picking up, got stuck on a guy earlier and I was going to put my foot tru the telly but besides that it's a lot of fun! I like the exploration elements mixed with very cool combat, finishing moves are very smooth also. It rips off many many games but the rips are handled with care and it manages to have it's own identity.

Advertisement