Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darksiders

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

RAIN wrote: »
    Yeah defo worth picking up, got stuck on a guy earlier and I was going to put my foot tru the telly

The guy on the broken road just before the Cathedral? :)

How cool was that puzzle in the Cathedral with the rotating plaform room and the inert bombs? Its like old school zelda puzzling..... so friggin satisfying when you figure it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Mr E wrote: »

So I wasn't the only one to have a hard time with him then! I ended up using that stoneskin wrath power up to deal with that chap. That's about as far as I am in the game though, gonna crack into it again later today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ideas of how long this game is /replay value lads ?

About 20 hours to do everything (find all chests/artifacts), no New Game+, so if you're playing hard mode, there is no incentive to go again.

By the way, for anyone having trouble with that guy on the bridge, just keep using your horn to stun him.
    Wait.... that doesn't sound good....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Yip that's the guy, went back to an earlier save and bought some health vials in the end. Puzzle elements are surprisingly well done. Finding little that I don't enjoy about this game. Good old fashion action puzzle fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'm 10 hours into this now, it just keeps getting better and better! It's one of my favourite games of the last 12 months along with Arkham Asylum i reckon. Apart from the slight tearing it's bloody brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Almost finished this now and I have to say that it's been one of the most enjoyable games I have played on the Xbox to date. Loved the Graphics (screen-tearing issues aside - these are being fixed next Patch) Great Game play Combat / Puzzles & Storyline. A real breath of fresh air seeing as it wasn’t rammed down our throat by overzealous marketing and undeserved Hype...

I give it a solid 9/10 (loses a point for some of the minor glitches)

:pac:

I hope Dantes Inferno is as good !! I have a sneaky feeling though that Darksiders may come out on top.....

Loving this game now, wasn't sure what I was expecting but whoever said Zelda hit the nail on the head.

From the areas that are closed off that you know you will revisit when you get the right tools, the key's you need to solve puzzles to get to the chest the pop's up near the start
    when you smash all the fire hydrants in the area
    . Metroid would be another fair comparison :)

calex71 wrote: »
    Loving this game now, wasn't sure what I was expecting but whoever said Zelda hit the nail on the head.

From the areas that are closed off that you know you will revisit when you get the right tools, the key's you need to solve puzzles to get to the chest the pop's up near the start
    when you smash all the fire hydrants in the area
    . Metroid would be another fair comparison :)

I also see bits from Portal and Half Life 2
    those monsters plants that hang upside down and protect the sword keys in the first dungeon

The only bad thing about he combat is the blocking, feels a bit useless especially last night against
    Tamail the big bat, gah couldnt kill here but im eager to have another crack

• Advertisement

RAIN wrote: »
    feels a bit useless especially last night against
    Tamail the big bat, gah couldnt kill here but im eager to have another crack

Stone skin for the win there found her ok once
    once you get her to ground and let rip
    1st try it was over for me in 10 seconds

Stone skin? Pah... use skill, man.
    You can down her before she even starts firing fireballs (if she does, double jump left or right while locked on is more reliable than dashing). Get in a few shots and back away. For her scraping claw attack, dash left or right as soon as the scraping starts (if you jump, her wings will get you). The last phase is the trickiest, but take it slowly (couple of hits, dash away) and you'll do it. If she does a divebomb, make sure you aren't under it. Also, double jump to avoid shockwave.

Ha stone skin is a no no cus I haven't purchased it yet, plus I'm horseman of the Apocalypse I don't need that noob tuube crap :D

Gah, I wana go home and beat her down!

Ah I only use stone skin to keep the blood off my nice robes :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Im stuck on that bloody broken stair as well. I cant figure out what to do do i just keep wailing on him and trying to get out of the way or is there some trick im missing.

Use your horn (equip and use Right Trigger). Pin him against the wall, and use horn - hit him - horn - hit him etc. He'll go down eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,023 ✭✭✭✭Basq

First time I've came into this thread and the first post I read is:
    Use your horn (equip and use Right Trigger). Pin him against the wall, and use horn - hit him - horn - hit him etc. He'll go down eventually.

Don't know whether to be aroused, disturbed or a bit of both! :pac:

hahahahahahaahha He'll will go down eventually hahahahaha

brilliant !! Now to see if that will work or if ill get put on some sex offenders list.

Oh, yeah by the way I was stuck on him too. I went back to a previous save and made sure I had some of those green health things, took at least one to beat the bastard.

• Advertisement

He came from nowhere as well everything else was easy enough to kill up to then, then along comes this guy acting the big man killing me!!!

As i say if you cant beat them ....quit :D

Ah had a rage quit or 3 on that mofo myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just after killing the first big dungeon boss. Savage game so far. Really enjoying it.

calex71 wrote: »
    Ah had a rage quit or 3 on that mofo myself :D

Rage quit :) Brilliant, you know its a good game when you let yourself calm down and go back for more!

Yep, I've rage quit the Anvil Forge a few times now. Feckin' mechanical angels.
    Double teaming them with Ulthane isn't helping. My big gun just isn't doing the job.
    They're going down tonight, whether they like it or not.....

(/waits for inappropriate comment from basquille....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,023 ✭✭✭✭Basq

What I read:
    Double teaming them. My big gun just isn't doing the job. They're going down, whether they like it or not.....
    That's what she said! :pac:

:rolleyes:

Im getting sick of this now, I cant kill him i tried the thing with the horn but by the time ive given him a blast of that i get 1 hit in before he hits me twice and nearly kills me and go at him again might get 5 or 6 more shots in before he gets me with one big swing and im dead and ive to go all the way back to the start. Ive no old save game and i had just spent all my souls before the save so i cant buy any extra health.

I was reading another site and they say catch the cars as he throws them and hit him with it but he only throws one at me and i dont know how to catch it midair i tried the normal pick up button but all he did was look at it fly by..

one more go then im throwing the stupid game and console out the window.

EDIT : Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes take that you nasty little prick, love that when you beat something on the games very last chance before you smash it. I know that disk can hear me !!

In case anyone else needs it i got a car from before you make a jump threw it onto the ledge i need to get to. Then when he starts coming hit him with the car you took across. When he jumps onto your ledge stay away from him use the spear attack if you have it. mixed with a shot of the horn ( he will then swing twice let him do this from a distance then go for the kill. he will start banging the ground but you have time to get in get a combo on him and dodge your way out of there again. repeat the horn trick 3 or 4 times and he is toast.

Eat phalic shaped sword - big bat boss thing moooohahahaha.
    Savage game, gotta love the big walking giant doors!

• Advertisement

Im getting sick of this now, I cant kill him i tried the thing with the horn but by the time ive given him a blast of that i get 1 hit in before he hits me twice and nearly kills me and go at him again might get 5 or 6 more shots in before he gets me with one big swing and im dead and ive to go all the way back to the start. Ive no old save game and i had just spent all my souls before the save so i cant buy any extra health.

I was reading another site and they say catch the cars as he throws them and hit him with it but he only throws one at me and i dont know how to catch it midair i tried the normal pick up button but all he did was look at it fly by..

one more go then im throwing the stupid game and console out the window.

dude, previous save it up to the max, I was getting pwoned untill I went back and got some extra health things from the shop demon. Also YouTube is your friend for car catching.

Advertisement