Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Broadband Provider?

• 04-01-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Rather than derailing the ongoing BT/Vodafone thread, I thought I'd be better starting a new one...

I'm currently with BT on their top package - "unlimited" broadband + free UK/national calls... works out at roughly €130 every 2 months

However with BT now getting out of residential markets, the idea of moving to Vodafone isn't filling me with joy after reading of all the problems others who have recently been moved are having. Plus I don't really need a call package anymore as my meteor package gives me free anytime/any network calls and texts now anyway.

So I'm in the market for a new broadband only package. I already have the phone line so may as well use it so we're talking DSL here, so who offers the best package at the moment? I've looked at eircom (who are as overpriced as always), Smart, UTV and Digiweb but I've no idea who's good and who's not these days.

What I need is a decent speed (say over 3MB) package with a decent download cap (a rarity in this country but BT's "unlimited" was a nice change), and most importantly reliability and ideally one that I'll never have to contact the supplier about.

Any suggestions? I'm in Co Cavan so UPC is out (unfortunately!) as I gather they're leading the field with the speeds they offer - even if their customer care is abysmal!

Cheers!

Advertisement