Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Carlow Boards 5-a-side: Wednesdays @ 7pm

Options
  • 04-01-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Ok so its a new year and ye all know ye need to be back doing some kinda physical exercise (or at least I know I do) so I'm trying to get the astro turf game back on once a week.

All new people are welcome and skill and fitness levels are not really an issue with this game. It's just a bit of fun and a way to kill an hour once a week. Oh and there's never been any agro at the game if thats a concern.

I'm hoping to have the first game of the new year this wednesday the 6th of January @ 7:00 pm if we can get the numbers.

So add your name here if you can make.

It's a good start on your new years resolution too (you know you made it this year too :))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Tom

I should be there and possibly with + 2 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I'm in.
    I've sent out a load of texts. I'll put down + a load whenever I get a load of replies.

PS: It's very cold :(

ok so I'm +5 but 2 are pending and 1 of them is Villain.

so I'm +2
    maybe +4
    and Villain is coming too

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

I'm in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I'm in.
    I've sent out a load of texts. I'll put down + a load whenever I get a load of replies.

PS: It's very cold :(

ok so I'm +5 but 2 are pending and 1 of them is Villain.

so I'm +2
    maybe +4
    and Villain is coming too

I'm confused. Would that not make you +3......I'm confused.....is Villain going?

I haven't played 5 a side for years. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

I let villain speak for himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yea I'd on for it but the father says the pitches are closed today because of the snow??

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Right a bit of an update. All the pitches were booked out at the college for 7 and the only available hour was for 9 so I booked that.

I know it isn't great but sure it can't be helped. So if you can't make it that's cool but get back

fine with me, I've just sent out the 5 texts to I'll let you know as soon as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I've started rugby, well i'm starting tomorrow. Wednesdays are out for me.

9pm is a little for late for me I'll see but to be honest driving down my lane at the moment is crazy and road to Tullow is almost as bad, with a hard frost tonight and perhaps a shower later tonight or tomorrow I may be house bound tomorrow

• Advertisement

I'm +4 weather permitting.

I'm still in too

I'm still in and have +1 of course this is all weather permitting of course. :)

mmm Given the current state of affairsa with the weather I think it is best to call the game tonight off?

Anybody agree?

well I wouldn't make it unless I ski there

Well it might have to be called off due to blizzard conditions. I mean I have no problem playing in the cold but if that snow keeps falling it will just be insane to do it.

we don't have enough. nobody is travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Here I was thinking this was a mens team!

LOL, I'd play if we had enough players.
    Why don't you play with us?

No homosexual jokes please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

ShayK1 wrote: »

No homesexual jokes please!!!

homesexual?! Is that what its called over your way?!

Id love to play but I'm up in Dublin. If ye ever have weekend games Ill play....occasionally!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

i just spotted this thread gents, i'd love a game but my car is stranded in ballon. Are you all still playing?

homesexual?! Is that what its called over your way?!

Id love to play but I'm up in Dublin. If ye ever have weekend games Ill play....occasionally!

stupid typos!

kwalshe wrote: »
    i just spotted this thread gents, i'd love a game but my car is stranded in ballon. Are you all still playing?

we used to play everyweek but it stopped when the weather got cold and wet. Tom10 is trying to get us back out again so hopefully it will be a weekly event.

Hi Guys

Now that the big Thaw is on, is there a game this week obviously dependent on not being flooded out of it as per current forecast.

I'm in if there is :)

Well I'm going to head in tomorrow and see can i book a time for wednesday (but that will depend on the pitches being opened again - they had them closed from the snow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 The Very Man

Hi lads, if ye’re still lookin for numbers i’d be interested, haven’t played in ages tho

Heard the pitches might be open from today, any updates anyone?

Ok so it's on for tonight at 9 on the IT Carlow astro turf pitches. Throw your name down here if you want to play and can make it.

(sorry if this gets to ya too late, been swamped here)

• Advertisement

I'm there :D will be knackered after 5 mins haven't done a tap since middle of december!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement