Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hairdresser Ruined my hair!!! Help?

• 04-01-2010 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

My hair had been platinum/white blonde for about 8 months.. it was beginning to take its toll on my hair so i spoke to my hairdresser about dying my hair a light/medium brown to improve the condition and give my hair a break from all the bleach.

She recommended going for a strong colour that had tints of red or plum as if i just went for something plan i would hate it after having such a strong colour for so long.

I went in two weeks ago, all excited, The dye turned my hair bright Purple!!! There was a bit of panic naturally enough and she said they would fix it... after the next round of dye it was bright red!!!!!

I was in total shock and went straight home to examine the full extent of the damage ... My hair was a disaster so i had no choice but to put a semi medium brown dye in to get me by over christmas without looking like a clown!! When i came home from the hair dressers all along my hairline my hair snapped and i cant wear my hair down without a hairband as it just stands up... my hair has never been in worse condition and the colour is still awful

Since then I have gotten special redken shampoo & conditioner to strengthen my hair and i am also using a hair mask.

So many friends have told me i should go back to them but im such a push over when it comes to confrontation.. i honestly dont know what to do?!

I would really appreciate some advice x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Posting this here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580 would probably give you better advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

If they had made my hair purple after the first go off and then offer to "fix it" i'd have been up out of that chair like a shot and to hell with paying them.

Personally I wouldn't go back there to have it sorted it, after your experience they really seem incompetent, give your location and where your willing to travel and you never know someone here may have a hairdresser who they had sort out a similar problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭GSpoon

based in Dublin. Oh trust me i certainly wont be going back to make an appointment there.;)

Bear in mind this happened xmas week so there was no chance of me jus up and leaving and going somewhere else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Have a look around for a mobile hairdresser. I know people say "ohhh I'd never use one" but I had one in the house here xmas week, she fixed up my highlights, cut & blow dry for €55. First time ever I did not get left with a friggan line down my head, she got right to the root.

She used to work in a highly reccommended hairdressers in town here, then she moved, started working in another salon and does nixers now. Def won't be putting foot in a salon again, her work is brill and the comfort of my own home is great too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Genereally we are a society that don't like to complain, but OP I think it is important to express your disappointment with how they have handled this situation.

Hairdressers need to listen to the specific needs and wants to their customers. If you are not happy, then tell them. They should definitely compensate you if your hair isn't styled the way that you requested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Clueless09

you should ring the owner/manager and get it fixed there. Obviously dont let that girl that fecked it up in the first place do it again... But they are responsible for fixing it up.
    Plus I doubt another hairdresser would go near it, especially after it being blonde, purple, red and brown in the space of a day-they probably wouldnt risk it.
    Best of luck, I hope you get it fixed up asap

Advertisement