Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men waxing and shaving

Options
  • 04-01-2010 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭

so, so all guys get them waxed?
    what about diy?
    and what do girls think of it?
    personally ive never had it done, but am thinking about...
    opinions please
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

I'd defo be of the opinion that, unless it's wildly out of hand... don't do it!

From a practical perspective the maintenance on waxing is a lot of work and you'd want to be sure you're going to keep it up or you could end up in a simmilar situation with thicker regrowth (not always but it can happen).

From a personal perspective, a bit of hair won't hurt anyone but stubble/regrowth might (not that I'm implying any particular activity for this to happen :P)

So if it's not a problem and it isn't a case of an OH being frightened, I'd say leave well enough alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Quite a few years back I read this and since have resolved that I will NEVER be shaving that hair

Warning: Do not read it over lunch :D

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/35274458.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Peggypeg

Yeah I'd be in agreement. Personal grooming to that extent on a guy is is not sexy at all, couldn't fancy a guy who spends longer getting ready than me. Why would you want to wax anyway? a bit of a trim every now and again should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Id never wax anywhere as Im a wuss with pain but shaving is essential imo, no way am i having a fecking jungle of hair down there, been doing it for years, also sex feels amazing if both people are completely shaved or waxed down there, that i can guarantee :D A clippers will do the job fine, if you're feeling really brave then wetshave it, that takes patience and steady hand though, and make sure you exfoliate plenty as its not the place you want getting ingrown hairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Kid Curry

I would seriously consider getting my ass crack waxed for the simple reason it's much cleaner and more hygienic, especially when you go to the bathroom.

If anyone knows a place that does it for men or if anyone has done it themselves can they tell me how they got on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

Been getting my back waxed the last 7 months, probably giving it up, started getting bad spots after the last couple of visits, the ladys advice was a hairy back is preferable to a spotty one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,163 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I taught waxing actually made the hair lighter and not thicker when it grows back? Am I worng?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Just shaved my belly their (naval to waistline) the other day on my OH's request, she's not a fan so Ill just let it come back in, haha. I trim down there just to keep it neat and tidy and I have on occasion taken a razor to the plums, its not nearly as scary and/or difficult as it may seem.

Ill never go near the crack, bumcheeks or underarms though. The thought of re-growth and maintenances is not one worth having.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭The Shark

Normally get my back done every 3-4 mounths.
    Its like the Amazon Rain forest!
    Saves me funny looks whilst doin lenghts of the pool..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

I'm a guy (username might throw people off!) and I work in the fitness industry and I find it essential to shave/wax for the means that I don't sweat half as much. Also it does show of your physique better.
    I used to shave but I found I got a lot of bad red patches so I just use veet, quick and easy and last for 2 weeks roughly. Keep the chest hair tho, girlfriend would hate to see that go!
    Find sex better as well with, great feeling!

One piece of advice would be never be embarassed to do it. A lot of guys think they will be slagged because of it..if it makes you feel better then do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,163 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

d-gal wrote: »
    One piece of advice would be never be embarassed to do it. A lot of guys think they will be slagged because of it..if it makes you feel better then do it

Thats very true about anything not just waxing.

Before I would go red faced about something like waxing now I dont care once I know it will make me feel better or improve confidence or appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

There is something terrifying about the whole ass back and sac culture.

You have the growback and if you are not into maintenance and exfoliation etc then its not at all hygenic and can be prone to infection.I once had a friend who had ingrown hairs in his crack and the stories he told were gross. He only stopped when his Mum said that she changed the dressings. Ouch.

Now I can get the whole thing from a display point of view but we should not fool ourselves that its in any way hygenic or cleaner but cosmetic and can become infected and can be uncomforable and high maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

It *feels* cleaner to be bare though. Maybe that's an acquired preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

shellyboo wrote: »
    It *feels* cleaner to be bare though. Maybe that's an acquired preference.

It really does, I love going down on my girlfriend after she's been waxed,a landing strip is fine with me and very cute looking, but once i was with a girl and it was like a fcuking lagoon down there, Lara Croft wouldnt have machete'd her way through it!everyone has their preferences but a mouthful of hair is for me a massive turnoff

Kid Curry wrote: »
    I would seriously consider getting my ass crack waxed for the simple reason it's much cleaner and more hygienic, especially when you go to the bathroom.

If anyone knows a place that does it for men or if anyone has done it themselves can they tell me how they got on?

Heard this guy on the radio as a male waxing guru.

I shudder at the thought but if you must you must

http://www.stephenthomas.ie/waxing.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Had to wax/shave/veet for the first time there recently (getting tattooed). G/F waxed the back, which was fine, veeted the chest, was okay, but stuff burned the nipples off me, then shaved the tattooing area again on tattooing day.

My back is fine but my front is destroyed with ingrown hairs. Can't wait for it to grow back properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

c - 13 wrote: »
    My back is fine but my front is destroyed with ingrown hairs. Can't wait for it to grow back properly.

Im surprised by that..I have had never a problem with veet but each person is different

I got a nasty chemical burn the one time I tried it... Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

I got a nasty chemical burn the one time I tried it... Ouch.

thats why you test on a small area of skin first my man.

Woman :) And I did! It was fine on the patch test, and I'd used it successfully on my legs + underarms before... The bikini kit was a different story though.

• Advertisement

Woman :) And I did! It was fine on the patch test, and I'd used it successfully on my legs + underarms before... The bikini kit was a different story though.

LOL Shelly -some guys dont know the trouble you gals go to for them

what about this poor pilgrim and his cry for help when it all went wrong:pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055775320

CDfm wrote: »
    LOL Shelly -some guys dont know the trouble you gals go to for them

But CDfm, we do it for ourselves, not men... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭dom17

Kid Curry wrote: »

wouldnt go there myself must hurt like hell getting the hair ripped off your nads:D:D theres a crowd called waxperts pretty sure i saw sack and crack on their price list,they have a studio in dunlaoghaire and i think another but not sure where,just google them good luck man

ps surely only men get their cracks waxed:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Just buy this, its bloody amazing. No wax strips near my genitals thank you very much

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Norelco-BG2020-Bodygroom-Shaver/dp/B000EG8HLE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1263000137&sr=8-2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Tbh I don't think I'll ever have my crack waxed. Thought about shaving it once or twice but that link has convinced me otherwise as I had my suspicions something like that would happen.

I do trim my nads every now and again. Nothing to do with the OH, just personal preference. Feels great, feels cleaner and imo makes your junk look a lot bigger too. :D

ok ron can you describe it, my image of it it is hot,not cold, wax being put on skin and covered in strips of fabric.

Those fabric strips being yanked and pulled in the opposite direction of the hair and ripping the hair out by the follicles. I imagine the hair resists so there is much pain and maybe even a bit of blood and swelling and infection. It isnt all over quickly but takes time.

How much does it cost and how long between treatments. Any side effects discomfort infection or itchiness. Any ingrown hairs etc and what is the regime to prevent them.

side effects doesnt the hair in your crack serve a function of keeping your ass cheecks from sticking together especially if you are sporty etc.

Advertisement