Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Showing of King Lear

Options
  • 04-01-2010 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that UCD Dramsoc will be performing King Lear in UCD from January 13th-19th in our Astra Hall (which is in the UCD Student Centre). I wrote to all schools during the term but many didn't get my letters so for those who are interested in going here are the details:

Shakespeare’s ‘King Lear’ in January 2010

Following its successful performance of Macbeth in January 2009, University College Dublin’s drama society, Dramsoc, are proud to be presenting William Shakespeare’s ‘King Lear’ in UCD’s Astra Hall from January 13th-19th 2010. This show, directed by Sarah Finlay, will be the fourth annual Shakespearean production performed by UCD Dramsoc and aims to be the most accomplished and stimulating to date.

The Shakespeare productions have been aimed at giving students preparing for the Leaving Cert. a chance to see a live production of the text they are studying, but as well as this, the production is aimed at giving the general public the opportunity to see Shakespeare performed in Dublin at a reasonable price by a superb group of young accomplished actors.

Evening shows will run at 7pm on the 13th, 14th, and 18th of January, while afternoon shows will run at 12pm on the 14th, 15th, 18th and 19th. Tickets are available at €10 for non-students and €8 for students. On Saturday the 16th, there will be a 2pm performance in aid of Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind, and tickets will be sold at the reduced cost of €5.

All bookings can be made through kinglearbookings@hotmail.com or by phone on 01 716 8545 (9am – 10pm). If booking by email, please be sure to give a direct contact phone number.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AlexPRO

Just an update; the Saturday 16th show at 2pm has been cancelled, and instead the Wednesday 13th show at 7pm will be in aid of Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind.

Advertisement