Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights in Shed

Options
  • 04-01-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking for a little advice on the following. I've an old shed which does not have power at the moment. There are currently 2 sheds side by side 1 with power the other with out power.

What I'd like to do is put 2 lights in the powerless shed. This is something I need done as soon as possible. I plan on just putting an extension lead through the wall for the moment - I'll take a spur through when I get the time. Is there a problem with running these 2 lights via a plug from the extension lead? Do I use a junction box at the first light to allow me to continue to the second light or is there another way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

run a 1.5 nym into an ip rated switch and up to 1 or 2 twin corrosion-proof fluorescents.
    keep lights and sockets separate if you have a 'board'

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dp639

any other advice for me please.

Is this really something that could be done by a novice or should it be left to the experts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

If you have absolutly no idea and haven't done anything similar before, than perhaps you should get a sparks in, theres a thread full of lads lookin for work here.
    But if you have dealt with small installations yourelf before, its quiet simple, Davelerave is spot on.

Advertisement