Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suburbs C&C (+1 photo)

• 04-01-2010 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

A (hopefully) slightly different take....
    Kitty_by_superflyninja.jpg

Frost_4_by_superflyninja.jpg

Black_Ice_by_superflyninja.jpg

Playground_by_superflyninja.jpg

Labyrinth_by_superflyninja.jpg

Ice_3_by_superflyninja.jpg

cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

love the first 2 images. Great photography overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

I find them a bit uninspiring tbh. Composition is a bit meh and as a set they don't really go together imo. :o
    I have seen you produce much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

love th first one something about it catches my attention. that rabbit thing in front is eerie.

if the street lights weren't so bright id love it more they tend to draw my attention away from the playground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

I like the 3rd one best.

My own opinion, I think it would be a much better picture overall if you cropped it tighter on either side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

I like #1, #2 and #5. Were you going for a Christmas tree thing in #2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

The first one looks like you've badly replaced the sky, I dunno, just don;t like it. Everything looks like its been PS'd in lol

Love the colours in the last one, great pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

The first one looks like you've badly replaced the sky, I dunno, just don;t like it. Everything looks like its been PS'd in lol

Love the colours in the last one, great pic.
    lol nope that is a 100% genuine :D

ColmDawson wrote: »
    I like #1, #2 and #5. Were you going for a Christmas tree thing in #2?

lol not really.....but whatever your interpretation is :D

Crispin wrote: »
    I find them a bit uninspiring tbh. Composition is a bit meh and as a set they don't really go together imo. :o
    I have seen you produce much better.
    any suggestions on improving the comp?
    well my goals as a set was to highlight some of the more unorthodox beauty in the suburbs and I wanted the photos to be varied in colour scheme,atmosphere etc.

swingking wrote: »
    love the first 2 images. Great photography overall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

any suggestions on improving the comp?

Errrrr. No :D;)

Ok I will give you my 2 cents for what it's worth :o

#1 is the most interesting. I like the cat thingy in the foreground it's a contrast between the childish and housing behind but behind it the climbing frame kinda unbalances the image imo (whatever that means :confused::D)

#2 is ok, but the sky is a weird colour and the light behind seems blown out. it's an interesting shape but not dynamic enough to hold my attention.

#3 has no point of interest as far as I am concerned. Maybe need to move elements off centre or choose a more interesting view point to make it work.

#4 is more dynamic than #2 and is interesting but the thick black line (rope) that cuts across the bottom third is too distracting. Also the PP is too dark at the top. I guess it was to give the appearance that the structure was disappearing into the sky but there is a lot of blank space at the top so that doesn't work for me.

#5 viewpoint is maybe too low, so the ugly looking climbing frame on the left really dominates the frame. Colours are nice though, but too much detail lost in the foreground objects. otherwise maybe silhouette one of a more recognisable shapes (i.e. the swings) could've worked better?!

#6 I like it :) I maybe would tilt it more if you took it again. it would make it look more purposeful and would've move the light off centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

lol nope that is a 100% genuine :D

I know, that what makes it look odd to me or something!

Nice shots though :)

Crispin wrote: »
    Errrrr. No :D;)

Ok I will give you my 2 cents for what it's worth :o
    cheers :D food for thought :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Solarina

1, 2 and 3 - perfect. The others lack their wow/pop factor I think. If you need to have 6 images Id shoot another 3 more, otherwise edit down to those 3, I really like them

Advertisement