Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Active closed my account

Options
  • 04-01-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

I opened the account in 1999 at a now closed branch. They then transferred my account to another now closed branch. Twice over the last few years I've tried to set up online banking to access my account and had trouble both times. Having visited the appropriate Ulster Bank branch and spoken to 6 different people on customer service lines today, I got a call back to say my account had been closed in 2008 and had no money in it. I have never received any correspondance regarding this. The last transaction I have in my book is late 2004. Firstly, is this legal? Can they just close an account without telling you? And where do I stand, do I just accept their word that i had no funds?

Comments

Advertisement