Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyMemory Cancelling order

Options
  • 04-01-2010 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

about a week ago I bought some blu-rays in their Buy One Get One Free offer
    this included one order cotaining '30 Days of Night' & 'Moon'

yesterday I get an email saying that they've cancelled my order because they are out of stock of 30 Days of Night, and don't know when they'll be getting it in again

then 9 MINUTES later, I get an email saying that 30 Days of Night is back in stock.
    of course the BOGOF offer is nowover, so if I want to re-order I'll have to pay full price

it's blatantly obvious that they don't want to sell Moon to me as part of the offer, and are trying to weasel their way out of it

I've written a strongly-worded email to them, and am waiting for a response

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Did you get an email confirming that your order had been accepted. The exact wording of this email is very important.

Was your credit card charged?

You may have had a legally binding contract but you may have to take them to the small claims court in order to enforce it if they do not play ball which is probably the same cost as buying the DVD yourself separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

axer wrote: »
    Did you get an email confirming that your order had been accepted. The exact wording of this email is very important.

Was your credit card charged?

You may have had a legally binding contract but you may have to take them to the small claims court in order to enforce it if they do not play ball which is probably the same cost as buying the DVD yourself separately.

I paid by paypal, so I had paid in full
    they refunded it and then sent me the cancellation email

As you said it's not worth taking to small claims, but it's still rediculous that they can just pretend to be out of stock to avoid having to honour an order which was not in any way a misprice

Advertisement