Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water Leakage!

• 04-01-2010 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

I was driving a friend of mine to the city centre on saturday gone and about 5 minutes into the journey he say's to me "whats that sound"!! i didn't know what he was on about...never noticed any new sounds..anyway he said he could hear water swishing around..like some there's a hole somewhere in the floor!! i thought fcuk...no way..i thougth maybe it was just the sound of tyre;s driving on the slush and it was slightly louder than normal. Anyway i got home that evening and i decided to give the car a hoover and check out the floor etc..i have the nct in a few weeks so just to be safe i'll have a look...so i get the hoover open the boot and i take out the carpet and the spare tyre cover and then!!!!! i lift the spare wheel! and holy ****...there was 3 inch's of water..the wheel was practically floating in the boot. i couldn't believe it...this was obviously building up for a while(3 months or so) and im wondering would that have any effect on the spare tyre? should i have the trye're fitted?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The tyre should be ok but check it thoroughly.
    As for the water, where did it come from and why didn't it escape?
    Look for any drain holes in the spare wheel area that may be blocked.
    Do you have a sunroof? Of so then check the drain channels. If not (or if they are fine) check the boot seals using vaseline (smear vaseling all along seal, close boot and the open & look for parts of the bootlid without a line of vaseline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭v300

Nozebleed wrote: »
    Im wondering would that have any effect on the spare tyre? should i have the trye're fitted?

If it the rim is rusty then you might need to re-paint it.

The tyre should be ok, but get it checked by a trusted local mechanic,
    not a tyre centre as they will try to sell you a tyre, that's their job. :D

The leak may have come in by the rear light lenses but it will need to be checked out.
    On an older car that I didn't care for, I drilled a hole to drain the water.
    But the correct thing is to find the leak and fix it.

Advertisement