Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ie domain and hosting for sole trader

Options
  • 04-01-2010 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

A local business (sole trader) has asked me to help set up a website for them. I plan to register an ie domain and get a hosting package, both from blacknight. I checked the blacknight website but I still have a couple of questions…

- Is it possible for me to register the ie domain on behalf of the business owner, or is this something the owner needs to do directly? (Future renewal notifications etc for the domain name and hosting package would need to be sent to the business owner, not to me).

- On the blacknight site it mentions that “IE REGISTRATION CANNOT BE COMPLETED WITHOUT A SIGNED LETTER OUTLINING THE APPLICANTS REASONS FOR OBTAINING THE NAME“ , however it is not clear if this applies to the “Sole Trader” applicant class. Is it sufficient to simply provide the RBN Name/Number or does a letter also need to be sent to blacknight?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

steamboat wrote: »
    - Is it possible for me to register the ie domain on behalf of the business owner, or is this something the owner needs to do directly? (Future renewal notifications etc for the domain name and hosting package would need to be sent to the business owner, not to me).

Probably best if you get them to signup directly or that you guide them through the process
    steamboat wrote: »
    - On the blacknight site it mentions that “IE REGISTRATION CANNOT BE COMPLETED WITHOUT A SIGNED LETTER OUTLINING THE APPLICANTS REASONS FOR OBTAINING THE NAME“ , however it is not clear if this applies to the “Sole Trader” applicant class. Is it sufficient to simply provide the RBN Name/Number or does a letter also need to be sent to blacknight?
    If the domain name is identical or very similar to their registered business name the RBN is fine.
    If the domain name desired is quite different then an explanatory letter is needed

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭steamboat

Ok great, thanks for the clarification

Advertisement