Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where To Go With Wrote Off Car?

• 04-01-2010 3:47pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

guys, my friend has a 2000 Avensis Diesel that was crashed at the front and thus its too much to have it repaired.

What are her options?

Can she sell it to anybody ie. scrap place? if so, any receommendations or advice on where to go?

she doesnt want to claim through her insurance as its not worth the premium increase hassle!

the car hit a motorway barrier and the interier is grand, airbags etc didnt go off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭v300

Advertise it with photos on donedeal or adverts.ie
    and see what the market thinks it's worth ?

Not a whole lot I would think, but you never know ! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

v300 wrote: »
    Advertise it with photos on donedeal or adverts.ie
    and see what the market thinks it's worth ?

Not a whole lot I would think, but you never know ! :D

Yeah was thinking that, but more than likely it will just end up as scrap or disposal.
    I suppose the County Council disposal scheme may be what shes looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

It's worth 1500 notes on a new car ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭v300

kceire wrote: »
    Yeah was thinking that, but more than likely it will just end up as scrap or disposal.
    I suppose the County Council disposal scheme may be what shes looking for.

No. Don't do that straight away
    You will sell it alright as she is a diesel.

DO advertise it as the engine may be recycled
    into another needy car !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lots of Avensis out there - advertise it first if she has the room to store it for a while, someone may be willing to pay for the parts.
    You can use this or golden pages to find local car dismantlers and see if they can take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Is she looking to get some money for it or does she just want rid of it? If it's the latter then just contact the council, otherwise she could try putting it on e-bay with no reserve and €0.01 start to see what she'll get for it.

testicle wrote: »
    It's worth 1500 notes on a new car ?

i thought the car has to be driving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

kceire wrote: »
    i thought the car has to be driving?

Not strictly true, there are a few conditions but once she's owned it long enough and had it taxed, insured and NCT'd then it doesn't matter that it's not driving now.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kildarelad

I buy them if shes looking to sell pm me

kildarelad wrote: »
    I buy them if shes looking to sell pm me

PM Sent!

• Advertisement
Advertisement