Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soak pit advice

• 04-01-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭

Want to dig a soak pit in a soft piece of a field and if I don't do it now in this frozen ground I may not get a chance again until May or June when it firms up again. How deep normally should such a hole be? What stone is best for soakage? Is there any need for pea gravel etc. on top? Was going to fill it up with a couple of loads of 4" and put back about a 12 - 18" of topsoil. As I'll only get one chance at this it's as well to do it properly. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭dasheriff

Roughly between 8-10 feet depending on the soil..
    4" or anything bigger a load of old blocks or anything will do for the bottom half of it..Then put a layer of taram between the stone and top soil to stop it getting blocked..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 8560

will a soak pit work if the field is wet.surely it would fill with water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

If the bottom of it is in a layer of permeable material, it will work fine.

Advertisement