Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Up Advice Thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not exactly match up advice but does anyone have advice on how to do FADC ultra's? I've tried it in training mode. I can FADC out of the srk but I just can't get the ultra off. I usually have trouble getting off an ultra on it's own when I try to do it fast so I think the timing might just be too strict for me.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Are you using a stick or pad? As soon as you enter the m.p and m.k, you should input the dash and the 2xQCF, even if you're not finished the dash animation. Then insert the punchs input. Does that make sense/help? The best way to practice is to just FADC a srk in training mode without the ultra over and over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah it makes sense. I'm using a stick. I think I should train on not ressing against the restrictor plate as well to help my input timing. Think I just need more training.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Cheers Azza, great advice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You're probably just like me so. You are doing it too fast and screwing up the motion.

Go into training mode and do it SLOW.

Make sure you have input reports on so you can see what you're inputting.

You'll probably notice that you can do two QCFs slow no problem.

Now do it at normal game speed and notice that you (probably) are hitting 3P after down-forward and not forward.

People will blame input shortcuts for anything in this game when it's normally just poor execution (not a dig at you) that's causing it.

Keep practising slow double QCFs until you have the motion down.

Now start speeding it up.

You'll notice that it doesn't have to be done anywhere near as fast as you think.

Once you've got the speed down then start practising the SRKxxFADC.

Just the SRKxxFADC.

Once you've got that, then link the proper speed and execution Ultra motion on to the end of it.

Basically, practice makes perfect.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not exactly match up advice but does anyone have advice on how to do FADC ultra's? I've tried it in training mode. I can FADC out of the srk but I just can't get the ultra off. I usually have trouble getting off an ultra on it's own when I try to do it fast so I think the timing might just be too strict for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I had to tackle this again recently when I started learning stick. This is piss easy to do on a d-pad although its far more likley to run into getting that short cut ex SRK on d-pad also. I've noticed since getting stick this happens far far less.

My issue with the stick came from it being much slower for me to input double FB motions from the left hand side (p1 side) of the screen. I had no issues from the p2 side, so maybe try that in regards to learning the timing but I dunno you're probably well used to the stick by now.

I've not much else to add on what chopper and dark onion have said, just practice really, dash and input that double FB motion.

I dunno I enter it in as fast as I can though. What happenes anyway when you try it? does ryu just stand there, or will a normal srk come out or will the ultra come out just far too slow?

I'd also maybe try going into training mode and just practice ultraing/supering over and over as fast as you can, then fadcing over and over, then join the two. This is what I did to get better at left hand side FADC ultraing on stick and I've gone from not being able to do that at all from p1 side to getting it about 60%+ of the time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Got to be honest A-trak, I generally love seeing a Honda coming. The tier list puts it at 6-4 in Guile's favour but I think it should be a 7-3. The tools which make Guile difficult for Bison make him a bit of a nightmare for Honda.

Again I am no Azza but I'll do my best.

First to note something which don't fit in else where.

Honda's jump is 37 frames in the air. That's only one frame more than the average character but thats enough to make a noticable difference for me personally when you're used to fighting Blankas, etc. A jump happy Honda is a simple win.

Also note that yes, you can stuff Guile sometimes with the HP, but also you are extending your hit box into air throw range if you time it wrong.

Use jumps wisely!

What Guile wants in this game is to back off and boom you into oblivion, waiting for you to jump so he can land an air throw to reset.

Most Honda games I have fought never get beyond this point. It is difficult but it is most certainly not impossible to get around.

Alot of Honda's tricks to get round hadokens won't work on Guile. Guile is not a shoto. If you try a quick ex headbutt and Guile has charge, you are likely to still eat boom. If you splash, Guile will be free of the boom frames long before you hit the earth, and his sweep kills from range (or even worse, you may end up eating cmp xx ex fk for a rare Guile punisher).

There's a couple of ways around this though.

You need to learn to jump earlier over the boom so you'll stay out of throw range. That forces the Guile player to make a choice

1) He can try and jump on reaction and mk /hk you out of the air. Risky as that bloody j hp of Honda's might be on it's way. Even if Guile does connect, an ex headbutt will close the distance after.

2) He can sit back and keep charging the next boom. This will give you a few valuable frames to advance. Look for an opening to land something quick on Guile (maybe standing hk?).

This requires patience. It may take 3 or 4 rounds of booms before a Guile player gives you a usable opening. Remember though it takes Guile 55 frames to charge and 38 to actually do a move. In the best case scenario thats a sonic boom every 93 frames (precharging may reduce this slightly). An opening will come.

Secondly, you can simply FADC through a boom. This has it's own risks as if Guile learns it you'll end up eating spinning back fist after it.

Then you have the neutral jump hp. This advances you slightly.

So of course the answer is to mix these three options up (maybe thowing in the VERY odd ex splash) to advance on Guile.

The other area where Guile makes life miserable for Honda is the corner. Now most other characters have options to stop Guile dead when he has them corner trapped but Honda's are very weak if the Guile knows how to apply pressure properly.

Most Guile's will boom as you wake up.

If he does this standing over you-headbutt, sumo splash, or ultra. and he bloody deserves it.

However a cleverer Guile will back off and give himself some breathing room before firing the boom. This is an ultra bait but also keeps him safe pretty much any counter in the game.

The trick here is to take the chip from the boom and react to what comes next. Stay calm, block him and react.

Guile has 4 or 5 options.

1) Sweep.

Block the first one and cmp before the second. I think you can combo to headbutt? If you block both be aware Guile can have both specials charged by the time he comes out of them.

2) Throw. Guile may simply walk in and try to throw you, resetting the corner trap. Tech then headbutt to end the corner trap.

3) Overhead. Good move for Guile but very slow. Not sure how you counter after it, but you're a big boy and I am sure you'll work something out. :)

4) Target combo. Smart arse Guile. Don't forget to block low then high.

5) The crossup. No one expects it from Guile. His j wk is a crossup. It's not going to be hugely damaging and it'll end the corner trap so you won't see much of this. Just be aware it's there, and hopefully if the Guile is on autopilot he'll fire out a flash kick for you to punish.

From the other side, you have these advantages on Guile:

1) Guile stuns relatively easy (900). A couple of serious smacks from Honda can put the entire round in danger.

2) The borked nature of the FK means that Guile has trouble with a wake up cross up splash game. Even the focus as a defence seems to go the wrong ay 50% of the time. Usually a flash will send him veering off in the wrong directon.

3) The flash is really punishable on whiff. Try to bait it.

4) Sweep is punishable between 1st and second strikes. Bear in mind if you're trying anything clever that messing up a focus attack as a counter eats up a quarter of your life bar as 2 sweeps land for full damage.

5) If a Guile does do a sonic boom close, EX splash is a great option as it damages and sets up a wake up splash game.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Here's an ooold match between me and Chopper where he got me.

Some good Honda/ Guile matches:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Honda's jump is 37 frames in the air. That's only one frame more than Guile but thats enough to make a noticable difference for me personally.

What?! How could that make a noticeable difference?

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    What?! How could that make a noticeable difference?

Can't speak to every Guile but I'm able to air throw Blankas and Gens on reaction. A few extra frames can makes a big difference. Honda ( and Gief for that matter) I can air throw with ease.

Fair enough man, but I doubt that has anything to do with Guile spending 1/20th of a second longer in the air.

• Advertisement

Fair enough man, but I doubt that has anything to do with Guile spending 1/20th of a second longer in the air.

Nope it's to do with having extra time than you're used to. Even a tiny bit leaves an extra margin for error.

EDIT: Just reread what I wrote there, I getcha. Bad wording on my part. No of course 1 frame difference between the characters doesn't change much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Yeh, it doesn't but the fact that it is a hack does =p

For Leimrod:

Akuma vs Zangief

I can only talk about this matchup from the Zangief perspective really as I have no experience playing as Akuma, just talk about what I see Akuma players doing vs. me.

Basically, this whole matchup is Zangief walking across the screen at Akuma, and Akuma keeping away with ground and air fireballs. Air fireballs are better at closer range (half screen and closer), especially if the Zangief has meter, as it's easy to react with EX hand and get the knockdown (and being knocked down vs Zangief is the worst place Akuma can be - the health difference combined with Gief's damage output means that a couple of knockdowns should mean a lost round for Akuma).

Zangief can only use PPP lariat (the slower one) vs air fireballs, as his head doesn't have invincibility during KKK lariat and he'll still get hit. If you're close enough, and the Zangief does PPP lariat vs a late air fireball, you should be able to EX demon flip kick into combo. This is one of the few times you should be even going for a combo vs Gief, as if you mess it up you're very likely to get SPD'd. Most of the time you're better off hitting with (eg.) far standing RH and then jumping back with an air fireball, or teleporting back, rather than trying to start a blockstring off it.

You use a lot less air fireballs than most Akumas I fight, and really it's one of his most important tools in the matchup, especially since gief has to green hand or lariat to proceed through them. I think you also need to start using reversal teleport on wakeup a lot more - it's definitely the best ground teleport in the game vs Zangief, since it's guaranteed to always put you at the other side of the screen, which is exactly where you want to be. I can't stress that part enough - if you want to win this matchup, you need to be zoning at all times. Gief has problems getting in easily vs Akuma (and also problems building meter compared to other matchups, due to air fireball beating KKK lariat, st. RH being able to punish lariat recovery, and Akuma's sweep being so fast).

Generally the way this matchup goes for me with an Akuma of equal skill is like this:

I spend 30 seconds trying to get in, slowly pushing the Akuma into the corner. By the time he's in the corner I've lost 1/3rd of my health and have gained one and a half stocks of EX meter. I manage to land a knockdown, but the Akuma gets out of the mixup afterwards and gets out of the corner, resetting the scenario. Either one of us could have a slight life lead at this stage. If it's the Akuma, repeat from start. If it's me, I have to start turtling and forcing the Akuma to get in closer to try and get the life lead. This range is a lot worse for Akuma since not many characters can win footsies with Gief, and you're now in the area where you can be hit out of nowhere by a jab SPD (if the Akuma just stays back and tries to chip me with fireballs or something, that's GG - I'll happily sit back and build meter and win by timeout).

Other things to note:

You can punish lariat recovery, blocked EX hand, blocked normal green hand, and normal green hand ON HIT with raging demon (ultra or super).

Unless you're playing a seriously top quality Gief (not counting myself among those ranks), you can be pretty sure they are going to get frustrated after a while and start getting reckless, wasting EX hands to get through air fireballs and gaining no advantage from it, or starting to use lariat at unsafe ranges, etc. etc (or maybe that's just me :pac:). If you're able to pick up on this you can start punishing hugely... just a case of having more patience than the other guy.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Sikso was asking me for advice about the Bison vs Ryu match up so here it is. Part of is copy and paste from the Ken match up post because alot of it applies to the Ryu match up

Ryu's pressure game.

Score a known down preferable from a throw and pressure Bison with safe jumps and ambigious cross ups. If you land a throw or a sweep where Bison can't fast recover then you should always always go for a safe jump. If you don't have time for one than just mix it up with cross ups, pokes and baiting.

Know Bisons wake up options and learn Ryu's option select.

Bisons wake up options are as follows.

Block.
    Ex.Psycho Crusher.
    Ex.Scissors Kick.
    Ex.Devils Deverse
    Ex.Headstomp
    Backwards teleport.
    Forwards teleport.

As you can see he is very heavily dependent on meter for reversals. With only block and teleport available to him without meter and only block when he no meter in the corner.

If he blocks your safe jump then mix up a block string and throw or attempt to cross him up again.

An option select ex.shoryuken should stuff all of Bisons air reversals and a escapes (i.e Headstomp and Devils Reverse). Bisons teleport will leave Bison safe if you use option select ex.shoryuken and he can potentially punish you. If you do a option select tatsu you will beat his backwards teleport. If Bison does forwards teleport to Ryu's option select tatsu then both players are safe. An option select tatsu can be beaten by an ex.devil reverse though. Of course if you simply don't do an option select and Bison forward teleports you can own him for free and if he does a backwards teleport you can dash after him and pressure him. You could do an ex.tatsu if you suspect Bison will try to ex.psycho or ex.scissor kick on wake up to beat him clean but you let him out if he teleports and he can beat you clean if he ex.stomps. Of course Ryu can FADC his option selected DP's into ultra for added carnage if he so wishes.

Knockdown are critical for both characters and Bison has a safe jump for Ryu too. Learn to spot it so you know how to react accordingly by blocking it or dashing forward. Bison can counter the dash forward by doing and unsafe jumping.mk.

A good tool against Bisons wake up ex.psycho which he likes to use on wake up to escape pressure is is ex.tatsu. Walk up to him while he is ground and he may think he can ex.psycho through your throw attempt only for him to be blasted back by ex.tatsu and if its in the corner he will eat ultra too. Ex.Tatsu is only -1 on block so its safe if he blocks it.

General info
    Crouching medium kick is a great counter poke against Bison use it in footsie battles against Bison. It comes out in 7 frames just 1 frame slower than Bisons main 2 pokes s.mk and s.hk both of which come out in 6 frames. Its safe on block at -3 due to push back where Bison doesn't have anything quick enough to punish it. Its got less range than either of Bisons pokes but goes under Bisons s.hk and stuff it for free as the hit box of s.hk will not hit Ryu doing a c.mk and it also moves Bisons passive hitbox forward into the c.mk. It has slightly less range than Bisons s.mk but only very slightly. On the plus side it of course cancels into a fireball on hit where Bison can only hit with single pokes. Bisons Scissor Kick will go over Ryu's c.mk and beat it clean.

Ryus tatsu's with the exception of light kick tatsu are safe on block but the Ryu player won't want to use them outside of combo's as Bison can duck under them and c.mp for free or swat them down with his trusty roundhouse.

Bison has some good tools to deal with Ryu though. Ryu's need to be weary for neutral jumping Bisons who are buffering charge for ex.scissors to blow through there fireballs. Ryu's with super can cut Bisons ability to neutral jump out as if they attempt to neutral jump a normal fireball they eat super.

Also a good method for applying pressure to Ryu is double dashing in after scoring a light scissor kick knock and starting c.lk pressure. Ryu has only 2 options DP or block and this leads to mind games from both players.

Scissor Kick Pressure
    As for what to do after blocking a scissors. Remember a light scissors is 0 frames on block and Bison has a crouching light kick out in 3 frames and 2 standing pokes out in 6. Since throws take 3 frames it would be very difficult to beat out Bisons c.lk.

After a scissors Bison like to tick into a another scissors kick from c.lk which can be stuffed by Ryu's DP if Ryu guesses right. But after he does this second scissors kick he isn't in range to do the c.lk tick again. So again its back to the extended game of rock paper scissors.

Bison can straight away do another scissors which you can stuff with c.lp c.mp or shoryuken.
    Bison can walk back a bit and then do a scissors kick to stuff Ryu c.mp or c.mk. Still looses to a random shoryuken.
    Ryu can neutral jump either scissors kick and set up a big combo and potentially his ultra.
    Ryu could jump out over the scissors kick.
    Bison can use his pokes (s.mk or s.hk). They loose to a shoryuken but also c.mk xx fireball should be a good coutner tool. These will stuff most other pokes and s.hk kills any neutral jumps or attempted jump outs or attempted jumping attacks.
    Ryu could score a focus crumpe of a telegraphed poke and score massive damage with a big combo into ultra.
    If Ryu neutral jumps and Bisons sees it coming its 2xj.mp into ultra.
    If Ryu suspects Bison is going try his 2xj.mp into ultra Ryu can do j.mp into his own ultra and it will stuff Bisons attempt.
    Ryu's c.mk looses to scissors kick (it goes over it).
    Bison can ex.scissors to stuff any counter pokes from Ryu but it still looses to shoryuken and is unsafe on block.
    Bisons dashes in for a block string or throw. Ryu can do any number of things here.
    Bison does nothing and attempts to bait a shoryuken and punish accordingly.
    Jump in at Ryu or attempt to cross him up. Another wealth of options open for Ryu to counter that.
    Ryu can attempt to air tatsu out and reset the screen.

Bison is very strong once he gets Ryu into a corner where his superior normals and scissor kick pressure give Ryu difficulties. Ryu has to be patient and look for a way out usually with air tatsu. The big plus for Ryu is his ultra. He only needs to guess right once to score big damage off a focus crumple or DP FADC ultra.

With Bisons block strings into scissors Ryu can or course attempt a reversal DP during a c.lk block string as there is 2 frame gap for Ryu to get out and potentially score a FADC ultra., but if the Bison player know you like to attempt such a reversal he could be baiting Ryu into the reversal by missing links on purpose. Bison has a safe block string if you uses his c.lp though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Azza wants me to post this vid for him , I'll reply to the main post now in a bit, cheers for this azza.

Azza: at 1.14 you see ex.tatsu raping bisons ex.pyscho wake up
    Azza: safe jumps at the end of the round from daigo
    Azza: when he throws bison into the corner
    Azza: the first one was safe bison just block

Sisko: jumps in with fierce punch?
    Azza: the second time where ryu's gets ex.pyscho is because he option selected something
    Azza: probably a regular dp that traded with ex.psycho

Azza: 36 seconds
    Azza: safe jump to option select ex.tatsu
    Azza: bison had no access to reversal
    Azza: but if he did ex.psycho or ex.scissors he would of been beat clean
    Azza: ex.stomp would of got bison out
    Azza: 45 seconds in bison safe jump
    Azza: except it aint
    Azza: if he did jumping hp there it would be a safe jump
    Azza: ryu's dp would whiff and bison could punish
    Azza: instead he went for cross up and ended up trading
    Azza: because of bisons super floaty jump its very easy for ryu to anti air dp him
    Azza: even an empty jump

Sisko: you always tend to land behind me whan I try and aa Dp you :(
    Sisko: hehe
    Azza: yes because of safe jumps :D
    Sisko: I see
    Azza: everytime I throw you I attempted a safe jump
    Azza: have to be precise against ryu as if your off dp will trade into ultra
    Azza: still bisons best option
    Azza: you can safe jump after you land ryu's ultra

Azza: ugghhh
    Azza: prepare to cream yourself
    Azza: safe jump, option select dp into ultra
    Azza: 1.11
    Sisko: I gotta learn that **** god damn it

:pac:

Okay in reply to azza's main post. Big thanks man so much useful info there I'll read it over a good few times. Its unfortunate I wasn't actually recording our matches, would be a cool help in terms of point out things I did right wrong etc.

Also normally mid fight theres stuff that happens I'd be like "wtf how is that possible" etc but I can't remember now so maybe next time I'll get some games of us recorded.

Ex tatsu stuffing ex pshyo crusher is very interesting. As that was one thing that I was constantly wondering during our fight.

I was watching your meter closely , I was aware that you'd teleport if you had no meter and you'd generally ex psycho when you did. But I could never punish. My attempts at punishing would even end up with me being punished sometimes.

I think I got you with a feirce SRK once, but thats it.

The way you can use scissor kicks to fly under me when I go for cross ups, then hit me with pokes as a come down on the other side just makes me feel optionless sometimes.

As you said I use l.mk xx fireball fadc way too much but a lot of the time I feel its my only way to hit you.

I focus too much as well, I get a feeling somethings coming and instinctively focus and end up eating a scissors kick. :( A lot of Bisons pokes are annoyingly out of focus range also.

Its clear though that as I don't know safe jumps and option select that its really these things I need to learn to open things up for me.

I shall take you info and head to training mode and get some shit down.

Really wish I recorded our matches. Handy for stuff like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Sisko wrote: »

Also normally mid fight theres stuff that happens I'd be like "wtf how is that possible"

Ye, same here. Bison is weird, awkward and annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

Ok I've a quick question. Possibly a very noob question but it's something I've noticed I get stung by quite often.

Vega's Super. He jumps off the wall and lands on you with a series of throws.

I can never avoid it and always get hit by it. I'm sure there's some simple tactic to avoiding or stuffing it but I've no idea what it is?

Any help here? Thanks!

Do a DP? Or like a jump back HP/HK? It's a pretty useless move.

I always get hit by that ****ty move too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I am pretty sure most EX moves will work although I am no authority on it.

I can never avoids vegas shit, I've no idea wtf is going on with that guy, I stand and block , get hit with a cross over, try and block the cross over, its a throw, jump up? its an air throw, try and walk forward? ex off the wall thing thats really fast. I never know whats going on. He just seems like a homing missile.

I tend to win more then I lose against vegas but I'm still left confused when I win and the matches tends to be really really messy. I guess thats why he's considered a bad character, but I know very well that I'll be screwed if I face a very good vega, but I never do.

I need a long session against a vega player but it never happens. Same with Sim and a number of others. I find when people notice I'm learning they quit or change character. Although I'm also aware of people getting sick of playing against Ryu all the time. I'm far less inclined to change around characters if I'm on stick.

I can never avoids vegas shit, I've no idea wtf is going on with that guy, I stand and block , get hit with a cross over, try and block the cross over, its a throw, jump up? its an air throw, try and walk forward? ex off the wall thing thats really fast. I never know whats going on. He just seems like a homing missile.

Ye vega is broken :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Vega

The Good

Vega's job is to annoy you, poke you with what amounts to probably the best pokes in the game (c.lp, c.mp, s.hk) and run away, make you frustrated and annoy you into making more mistakes.

His s.hk is one of the best roundhouses in the game. It comes out in a super fast 4 frames and has good range. Hits twice so it breaks armour too. Its upward angle makes it similar to Bisons and Sagat roundhouse giving it anti air capabilites. However its quite a laggy normal if its blocked or if it whiffs and can be punished. Its anti air ability is compromised by the move only hitting once if used as anti air, meaning in the event of trade it will probably loose.

He also has a very strong air game which makes him hard to beat air to air and asists in his ability to run away. good range on his air throw second only to Guile.

Other plus points to Vega, include excellent range on his focus attack. He also has the second best kara throw in the game after Ken. His down forward + HK is a good move that juggles and leads to to mix up on block and hit.

The Bad

Vega has no reliable anti air. His 2 options are scarlet terror and s.hk.

Scarlet Terror requires downward charge and since Vega doesn't have a fireball he has no way to force you to jump at him if you have your own fireball, even if he does have charge the move is far from bullet proof and looses or trades quite often.

Standing HK requires correct spacing to work, like Bisons roundhouse it will trade often and at that it will be a loosing trade.

Vega's slide sweep is normally very unsafe, between -12 to 0 frames on block.

Rolling Crystal Flash will not be used outside of a combo if the Vega player knows whats good for him. Too slow to be effective on its own. But the ex.version goes through fireballs so he can punish fireball throwers at medium range. Its safe on block (except against Zangief) but gives a slight frame advantage to his opponent.

Sky High Claw (horizontal wall dive) and its ex version are insanely unsafe on block. His ex.version will pass through opponents on the way to a wall and hit on the way back, it also armour breaks.

Flying Barcelona Attack is another very unsafe move. Easy to punish on block. Focus attack counter its very well. Characters with teleport can easily avoid it , shoto's can dp at the right angle and its air priority is general not great. Can be beaten by alot of normal air moves. Not particular fast and not that hard to counter.

However you don't want to get predicatable with focus attacks as the Izuna Drop counter it. So mix things up to keep him off guard.

His Super and Ultra have zero set ups outside of focus attacks. Remember not to through out a fireball or laggy speical or normal when he is sitting back with downward charge.

The Ugly

But the fun really begins when you knock him down. He has not a single move with invincibility frames that can hit you so he has no answer to meaty attacks. There is no reason to never not pressure him on wake up. He also has no answer to cross ups on wake up. He does have a reversal to use against direct jumps in but that can be safe jumped without difficulty. His backflip is useless, walk up and throw him if he attempts to use it.

When his claw comes off he does 10% less damage on all his moves and has less range on his punch normals (and air normals). But when his mask comes off he takes an insane 25% damage more on every hit (does 10% more damage on all moves). So Ryu's L2.FA, f+hp, hp.dp fadc ultra goes from 491 damage to 608 damage. Truely comical how much damage Vega takes without his mask.

Even if Vega gets up a massive life lead all you need is a single knock down and you have a good chance of resetting the health difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

I find Vega's not too bad otherwise. Chasing them down usually stuffs them as they can't charge their wall jumps that often and are left with normals. Also as Azza said his wakeup game is nil pretty much. A backflip that leaves him open is about the extent of it.

Secondly when they do get a wall jump I tend to Focus through them and either crumple stun or dash DP. Problem is that super. I'll try DP it but I'm pretty sure I've tried that and it doesn't work though I may be wrong. Jumping back and away I think also gets caught also.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

If you'd like to fight an exclusive Vega user, send me an invite.....

Bush80 wrote: »
    Ye vega is broken :pac:

Well obviously not as despite all this I still win, will just be a really messy and random match. But I know that a good vega would rape me, just never play any.

So much about the game is reading the other player, knowing what he's thinking and what his options are as well as your own. I just can't read vega

**edit**

Ken, as far as I remember I have added you on PSN. But I'm mostly on GFWL and I think your generally on XBL so we've not played yet. I expect to lose, a lot, when we do :p

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Well obviously not as despite all this I still win, will just be a really messy and random match. But I know that a good vega would rape me, just never play any.

So much about the game is reading the other player, knowing what he's thinking and what his options are as well as your own. I just can't read vega

**edit**

Ken, as far as I remember I have added you on PSN. But I'm mostly on GFWL and I think your generally on XBL so we've not played yet. I expect to lose, a lot, when we do :p
    I'll try to get on tonight at some stage.....may be difficult though.

no need to go out of your way on my account sure I don't even have the ps3 set up atm so I wont be on it tonight anyways. I'll deffo get some games with yea soon though. Post in the "anyone for games" thread next time yea reckon you'll be on ps3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

*digs up thread*
    DooM wrote:
    Not being smart but perhaps you should ask bush in the match up thread about Guile/ Honda. He can beat me about 8/2 with him.
    How Bush, tell me how!

Advertisement