Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Up Advice Thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

blag wrote: »
    You don't need to worry about his Blanka anymore,he's gone to the dark side so you'll be playing him in mirror matches!

-_-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Interesting, at the level my guile would be playing at and the blankas I'd be playing (a lot lower then you guys talking here) whenever your typical online blanka starts giving me trouble I find picking guile gives me easy wins.

Little to none experience against proper blankas , the few times I played you bush you picked blanka for like 1 or 2 rounds and then just stuck to chun and rufus. I remember being totally clueless when I did play those one or two rounds though. :p

And Sagat06 is only on 360 so I've not played him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sim vs Vega

Any thoughts from anyone? I really have no clue what I'm doing in this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Orim wrote: »
    Sim vs Vega

Any thoughts from anyone? I really have no clue what I'm doing in this match.
    From who's perspective?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I'm gonna guess from Sims, Orims been playing a little sim of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yeah I've been playing Sim but I'm curious as to how both sides see the match.

I need to know what Vegas going to be doing.

Dhalsim is actually one of Vega's worst fights, in my opinion. I've played againsts ome player who can simply lock me down. If you guys want to go online, I'd be more than willing to spar. It's a fight that i need to get more comfortable with myself....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ken B wrote: »
    Dhalsim is actually one of Vega's worst fights, in my opinion. I've played againsts ome player who can simply lock me down. If you guys want to go online, I'd be more than willing to spar. It's a fight that i need to get more comfortable with myself....

I would think if Sim can figure a good all purpose AA for your dives like cr fp for the shoto's it makes like difficult for Vega?

I would think if Sim can figure a good all purpose AA for your dives like cr fp for the shoto's it makes like difficult for Vega?
    His medium/weak slide, timed correctly, makes him totally invulnerable to the wall-dive and gives him a totally free punishment option. His jumping medium beats most(all in my experience)of Vega's normal air attacks. You have to pressure him extremely hard to get results....and hope he doesn't just warp out of there...

The best way that I find of beating Sim is through psychic prediction...which should technically be Dhalsim's forte!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Every time I see you post this I think it's total nonsense (only have matchup experience in vanilla though). I think it was one of Vega's only 5-5 matchups. No idea about in Super, I could see it being a little worse for Vega there maybe.

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Every time I see you post this I think it's total nonsense (only have matchup experience in vanilla though). I think it was one of Vega's only 5-5 matchups. No idea about in Super, I could see it being a little worse for Vega there maybe.
    I knew this was coming Dreddy......

There must be something out there that I don't know about(HELP:D). Don't get me wrong, in vanilla I had a 75% record against Sim, but there was a couple of players who I literally could not touch...sure, they may be just better players, but Clunetastic said to me that he basically never met a Claw who gave him any trouble, in fact, he said that I did better than most.

A prominent online Dhalsim player (UK*Neptunz or yogaflame24 on youtube) actually put myself(alongside Cobelcog and Bush) on his Beast list(on his youtube page), yet I wouldn't consider myself remotely proficient in that matchup...

Ps: When you gonna be online with Super?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Im on a beast list? Nice one :D

Bush80 wrote: »
    Im on a beast list? Nice one :D
    http://www.youtube.com/user/YogaFlame24

Some really good players on there....

I knew this was coming Dreddy......

There must be something out there that I don't know about(HELP:D). Don't get me wrong, in vanilla I had a 75% record against Sim, but there was a couple of players who I literally could not touch...sure, they may be just better players, but Clunetastic said to me that he basically never met a Claw who gave him any trouble, in fact, he said that I did better than most.

A prominent online Dhalsim player (UK*Neptunz or yogaflame24 on youtube) actually put myself(alongside Cobelcog and Bush) on his Beast list(on his youtube page), yet I wouldn't consider myself remotely proficient in that matchup...

Ps: When you gonna be online with Super?

That's cool, tbh I felt the same way about the Gief/Sim matchup, especially in Super. Got absolutely destroyed by Emperor Cow a bunch of times in a row, sent him a message afterwards saying "nice sim, ggs" and he replied back with "nah not really, Gief is just free for Sim in super" or something like that. :pac: Made me feel a bit better at least...

Not sure to be honest, haven't been bothered playing online at all since I got the game really. Will be at casuals tomorrow though if you can make it there

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Not sure to be honest, haven't been bothered playing online at all since I got the game really. Will be at casuals tomorrow though if you can make it there
    Tomorrow's simply not possible(promised my mate's I'd watch the world cup with them..), if you're there during the week I'll try to head up after work some evening(or earlier, on my break)...

Yeah, sounds good, I try to make it in for pretty much every casuals I can so I'm sure we'll end up playing soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Think we played a few times before in the XGC ken. I seem to remember playing several sim v vega games a while back anyway.

Not an expert by any means but I know what makes it trickier for sim anyway. Vary up the walldives. If ya go the same distance every time you will get punished. Coming up short with walldives or even faking out of it works very well against sim. You can see if he did jumping medium punch or used a slide.

And like everyone else vs sim, get in his grill and try and stay there. Sim wants 3/4 screen so don't give it to him. If you get him in the corner you should be able to do a good bit of damage with pokes before he gets out.

Can't you slide under fireballs also? Not sure if it works but if you find a fireball happy sim its a good way to hit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

http://www.youtube.com/user/YogaFlame24

Some really good players on there....

How does he expect people to read his youtube page with that background?

NeoKubrick wrote: »

Ye how are people supposed to find out about me being on a beast list?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Bush80 wrote: »
    Ye how are people supposed to find out about me being on a beast list?
    That blank page you call a CV is conquered.

"Made YogaFlame24's Beast List"

• Advertisement

That blank page you call a CV is conquered.

"Made YogaFlame24's Beast List"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 daltronica

This is a great thread Azza, i totally agree. SSF4 is as much about knowing matchups as it is technical ability. Can you give any advice for Abel users. Bisons s.MK and s.HK are killing me. Blocked lk scissors seems to give him good frame advantage. Can you falling sky him out of stomps etc..

I don't know the guy, I fiught him a couple of times in G1. I only noticed the list when I went onto his page to check an acclaimed ragequit/hatemail video...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

right, was online there for a while, fought a miliion vegas, beat all but 1, was on for about an hour, get ken up to b tier yessssssssssssssssss.
    but.........................
    fought his guy from sweeden called harpworld or something and he played fuerte, had over 10,000 bp and he f****d me up everytime he got a knock down, he nearly got 2 perfects on me in the first game, and i took a round off him in the next fight.
    however it made me realise, fuerte is probably my worst match up, does anybody have any tips for swatting that annoying fly? (specifically getting out of his grab/slide/splash pressure when he gets a knock down)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Backdash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Then you get hit by the slide i think. i feel your pain, it's like a guessing game. I know a dash forward goes under his splash and then you can crouching Mk and tatsu. I've also been trying the light dragon punch which beats his throw thing but I've no concrete tactic and it all seems rock paper scissors to me

backdashes get caught, forward dash seems to slow too. focus dashes work against splashes but there is no way to punish after them if its a cross up splash. if you focus a splash from the front its a free sweep but thats the only punish i can work out. focusing the hit still gets grabbed so rock scissors paper is right. i dont like fighting him at all, all you can do is poke his brains out when your both standing and i hate playing ken that way. is their no good fuertes on these boards that wouldnt mind spilling their guts?

You just have to guess. I played that dude the other day too, hes really good.

the odds seem definately in favour of fuerte in that situation, but i suppose its his main way to do damage. pain in the ass all the same tho. I JUST WANT TO RIP HIS FACE OFF WITH A FIST OF FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i wonder would medium shoryu beat his splashes?

• Advertisement

and another thing, if he does go for a "tortilla throw" (that thing that always lands, were he spins round your head displaying why he is the worst character ever), can you just jump away from that? i know if you try to jump a splash you get hit. i hate him

Advertisement