Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Up Advice Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Jump back fierce or roundhouse should work... I think...

Don't fight many fuerte's if I did I'd probably hate him as much as yourself alright. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

i think a training session might be in order. although if anybody has some usefull tips here it would be greatly appreciated.
    if theres a problem yo il solve it, check out the hook as my DJ revolves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I use blanka for this match. Those kind of mix ups dont really work on him. Akumas vortex etc
    I was using cody against that dude and got destroyed. I didnt know what to do once he knocked me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

the odds seem definately in favour of fuerte in that situation, but i suppose its his main way to do damage. pain in the ass all the same tho.

It's called a mixup, I know you baby sf4 players may not be used to the concept :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Fuerte's mixup isn't even that devastating :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Oooh look at the old men being all superior.

Fuerte's mix up is the one I have the most trouble with too, guessing between FA and back dash usually gets you out of there quick enough though.

Again it's a mixup, it all boils down to guessing

Backdash will get you out of tortilla grab (afaik) but lose to tostada press

Focus is vice versa

Reversal is useless with most chars as you can safe tortilla and crossup tostada (the shotos spring to mind)

Ramza wrote: »
    Again it's a mixup, it all boils down to guessing

Backdash will get you out of tortilla grab (afaik) but lose to tostada press

Focus is vice versa

Reversal is useless with most chars as you can safe tortilla and crossup tostada (the shotos spring to mind)

I know it's a guess . Apparently if you guess right with a block on a tostada you can actually punish with a sonic boom. This is from modinside so I don't know how realistic it is for mere mortals to try

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

i think a training session might be in order. although if anybody has some usefull tips here it would be greatly appreciated.
    if theres a problem yo il solve it, check out the hook as my DJ revolves it.
    I have a guy on my friends list called JustBrainz who is a unbelievably good Fuerte(one of the best Dutch players) I'lll try to arrange an endless lobby with him. I'd be franky suprised if the Swedish lad was better, to be honest.

Ps: Everyone, 3 x Kick flip generally avoids his shenanigans!!;)

Ken B wrote: »
    I have a guy on my friends list called JustBrainz who is a unbelievably good Fuerte(one of the best Dutch players) I'lll try to arrange an endless lobby with him. I'd be franky suprised if the Swedish lad was better, to be honest.

Ps: Everyone, 3 x Kick flip generally avoids his shenanigans!!;)

Ive played both those dudes, they are about the same level. Swedish fella might even be a bit better

• Advertisement

Bush80 wrote: »
    Ive played both those dudes, they are about the same level. Swedish fella might even be a bit better
    Better than Brainz...Holy!:eek:

I was invited to an endless battle lobby by the infamous MoniraKing (Sverige) a couple of nights back and there was another Swedish dude called xxMikkexx there, he did the craziest sh!t to me that any Ryu has....EVER. I saved both my fights against him because they were so utterly amazing(from his point of view, anyway).

There appears to be a really awesome crop of Swedish players out there....

Better than Brainz...Holy!:eek:

I was invited to an endless battle lobby by the infamous MoniraKing (Sverige) a couple of nights back and there was another Swedish dude called xxMikkexx there, he did the craziest sh!t to me that any Ryu has....EVER. I saved both my fights against him because they were so utterly amazing(from his point of view, anyway).

There appears to be a really awesome crop of Swedish players out there....

Ye ive played a lot of really good Swedish players alright.

Bush80 wrote: »
    Ye ive played a lot of really good Swedish players alright.
    I may try to show you that replay, I get hit with a 12-13 hit combo by Ryu where he doesn't use any Super/Ultra/Ex moves or even any specials....really unbelievable stuff...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I may try to show you that replay, I get hit with a 12-13 hit combo by Ryu where he doesn't use any Super/Ultra/Ex moves or even any specials....really unbelievable stuff...

Would love to see this!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

From what I understand of SFIV's combo system, I find this a LITTLE hard to believe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭LIFETRAP

I can't think of what could make any combo that large without at least one special FADC'd.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

LIFETRAP wrote: »
    I can't think of what could make any combo that large without at least one special FADC'd.

Oh I'm sure he used FADCs, Ken said he didnt use "Super/Ultra/Ex moves or even any specials"

No doubt they can be done, but would like to see what he did. You can get 8-9 hits with c.lp, c.lp, c.lp, c.mk, hadouken>FADC>hp, h.srk. he probably used 2 FADCs.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Oh I'm sure he used FADCs, Ken said he didnt use "Super/Ultra/Ex moves or even any specials"

No doubt they can be done, but would like to see what he did. You can get 8-9 hits with c.lp, c.lp, c.lp, c.mk, hadouken>FADC>hp, h.srk. he probably used 2 FADCs.

Like c.lp, c.lp, c.lp, c.mk, hadouken>FADC c.lp, c.lp, c.lp, c.mk, hadouken>FADC c.lp, c.lp, c.lp, c.mk, hadoken?

Is this possible with Ryu? Imagine the damage scaling if so :D

You often see Modinside doing something similar with Guile, actually.

Why worry about scaling when you can dizzy, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Couldn't he FADC a normal to continue the combo? Thus doing it without specials.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    Couldn't he FADC a normal to continue the combo? Thus doing it without specials.

I guess it depends on the hitstun from the normals. I'm no Ryu expert.

Without any meter it would be impossible to do a combo of that number with Ryu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ramza wrote: »
    Without any meter it would be impossible to do a combo of that number with Ryu

He didn't say no meter, which is why we're assuming FADCs.
    I guess it depends on the hitstun from the normals. I'm no Ryu expert.

Yeah not sure meself. The only things that I would imagine could be FADCd and allow for continued combo is cl.HP and cl.HK but neither of them really helps in this situation except maybe very early in the combo.

We need this video Ken!

Orim wrote: »
    He didn't say no meter, which is why we're assuming FADCs!

Ya, wouldn't be possible otherwise

Technically speaking, FADCing is an EX move in it's own right :pac:

But w/e

I can invite anyone on XBL to watch this tonight, if anyone has the means of uploading it , then great. It's a really exceptional fight. I play pretty well and he does some major gnarly stuff on a couple of oaccasions...

I really should've won the fight but it's all good.

PS: he definitely Fadcs on a couple of occasions.

PPS: MoniraKing (the other guy in our lobby) just posted a 67 and 75 hit combo with Seth. these boys are good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inWGhGvSKp4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It's called a mixup, I know you baby sf4 players may not be used to the concept :pac:

ohhhhhhhhhh sorry daigo, imagine me asking for match up advice on a match up advice thread, jesus christ. obviously i know what a mix up is, i get them from the shop all the time, white chocolate mice and s**t
    fuertes mix up by the way is hands down the hardest mix up in the game to counter, no other character comes close. viper akuma and abel are all mix up masters but none beat fuerte for sheer guess work.

anybody setting up a tournament tonight considering the dlc was released?

I can invite anyone on XBL to watch this tonight, if anyone has the means of uploading it , then great. It's a really exceptional fight. I play pretty well and he does some major gnarly stuff on a couple of oaccasions...

I really should've won the fight but it's all good.

PS: he definitely Fadcs on a couple of occasions.

PPS: MoniraKing (the other guy in our lobby) just posted a 67 and 75 hit combo with Seth. these boys are good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inWGhGvSKp4

I can.

I have to upload Hound v Azza too :)

Abel has a wake-up mix-up game? News to me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

obviously i know what a mix up is, i get them from the shop all the time, white chocolate mice and s**t

haha, brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

@ chris mcmahon
    Found some juicy info on the el feurte v ken matchup here.

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=208753&page=8

Seems jump neutral and junp back fierce kick are tools of choice.
    Haven't tried any of it out yet.

Also read in some other thread that you can tell whether he is doing that tortilla grab or the splash depending on if he makes that gay mexican wrestling squeal when he jumps...
    The shoryuken matchup threads are great stuff and I've learnt some great tatctics from them against various characters.
    A lot of serching needed for the info but thats what work is for:)

Advertisement