Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Up Advice Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

the LP one, as opposed to RYU's? im not sure was playing RY once and he mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Its not armour breaking no.

What I was wondering about akuma , was not his tatsu cross up but his demon flip mix up game thing as hound was talking about, it stuffs everything when timed right, so I'd just block it, but I appear to be trapped in blockstun as on block he can do it again to me and all I can do is keep blocking until eventually its no longer a kick but his demon flip grab.

I'm wondering do I have any options that I'm not aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

can someone highlight which of rufus' moves can be punished, he seems so safe on block!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

can someone highlight which of rufus' moves can be punished, he seems so safe on block!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/nov/13/rufus-frame-data-street-fighter-4/
    To wit:
    • cr.Fierce (arm stretch) is -14f -- I think you can sweep with some characters depending on range
    • All Messiah kicks are unsafe on block, you can SRK/TU/whatever for free. Good when baiting
    • Messiah kick Short followup (flip kick) is -18, but the other kicks are neutral on block. Don't let Rufus do them
    • Galactic Tornados are -1f aka SAFE, all you'll do is beat his jab with your jab/SRK... and he can always block.
    • Supers & Ultras are free on block

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Dont press anything after galactic tornado or you could get hit ex messiah.

• Advertisement

do i get a free punish always after the first part of a messiah kick, including ex?

is there no way to punish a galactic tornado? even a fierce one?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

1. Kind of, the amount of time between Messiah Part 1 and either the overhead or the sweep is enough for you to SRK, but he can also delay it a tiny bit and still do flip kick for a trade (I think its just a trade)

2. Tornado is completely unpunishable, I think Gief's U1 can catch it, but a good Rufus would just run away in that match.

is there no way to punish a galactic tornado? even a fierce one?

No, do not press anything.

Bush80 wrote: »
    No, do not press anything.
    why the f**k do characters have moves that cant be punished? suppose dive kicks are free for him too?

dive kicks are free for him too?

Pretty much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

why the f**k do characters have moves that cant be punished? suppose dive kicks are free for him too?

Oh yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Dive kicks are not exactly free if it hits too high. Also, if rufus is ending a block string with galactic tornado then it can be punished. See this (though its more of a trade)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

To reward aggression in a game that already desperately needs it? Not that I'm a big fan of Rufus :pac:

Interesting stuff about rufus yeah. I rarely fight any rufus players. Also I feel your pain chris :p

Although its understandable why charge characters can have a lot of unpublishable moves.

Anyway, anyone get what I'm asking RE akuma?

I might record some matches with hound maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sisko wrote: »
    Interesting stuff about rufus yeah. I rarely fight any rufus players. Also I feel your pain chris :p

Although its understandable why charge characters can have a lot of unpublishable moves.

Anyway, anyone get what I'm asking RE akuma?

I might record some matches with hound maybe.

Rufus isn't a charge character?

I wasn't talking about rufus:confused: lol

Was talking about this:
    why the f**k do characters have moves that cant be punished?

When I said I feel your pain to Chris.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

boy sf4 would be more boring and defensive if everything was unsafe on block

no one would want to do anything first in fear of getting mashed out like an idiot~

Hehe tell that to the flowchart kens :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Azza wrote: »
    Besides is it really any worse than Blanka's 50:50 ultra set up that does more damage?

ah it is, blanka's 50/50 is very situational I have to be at the right distance or it wont cross. bisons is on any knockdown, and recovers so bloody quickly too - or it felt that way to my battered ego.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Well its -14 or -16 on block, more than enough time to punish it. Problem for Blanka is that he can't ultra punish it if Bison crosses him up, where as none charge characters can.

His recovery is being changed though, so you might be able to punish him harder when the changes are rolled out.

For now I suppose Blanka could just throw him and then set up his own 50:50 or just use ex.upball to beat it outright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Bisons doesnt even have to be on a knock down, he can combo into it and punsih so many stuff from full screen, not just projectlies, If people are trying to build meter he can punish. Its a really good ultra. ultra 1 is obsolete

Bison's probability of combo-ing into to it is very low. All he is has is j.mp x2. The priority of that move is very low and with damage scaling the damage output isn't great even if he does manage it.

Sagat can punish Bison for building meter with ex. tiger shot or ultra 2.
    Most of the cast can punish Bison for building meter.
    Bison's ultra 2 is the slowest ultra in the game. So what he can punish is actually very limited.

Ultra 1 has a few uses. But it was pretty crap in vanilla anyway. But it will see use against Balrog, Rufus, Juri, Gief, T. Hawk and probably Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I've played a few bisons lately and they seem to be doing ultra 2 on (my) wakeup. What's the deal with this? Can i ultra? Or will an ex messiah for example get me out of it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

animaX wrote: »
    I've played a few bisons lately and they seem to be doing ultra 2 on (my) wakeup. What's the deal with this? Can i ultra? Or will an ex messiah for example get me out of it?

Flash kick beats it. I assume any move with a few invulnerable frames will.

Anything with invincibility will beat it. But sometimes your reversal won't auto correct.

Azza wrote: »
    Anything with invincibility will beat it. But sometimes your reversal won't auto correct.

I seem to recall you not being able to punish a light fk though if I did sail off in the wrong direction. I'd say most characters have something similar.

Moved a few "how to get around Bison's sodding U2" posts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

This is for Azza, You say the Fei vs Bipson match up is in Feis favor!
    Wont be long before people consider mago to be the best Fei in the world if hes not already. Gonna keep my eye out for Fei players beating good defensive Bipsons. This one is not so good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

how do i beat guile 1OO% with chun/cammy
    this guile just jumps back and fireballs constantly.

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    how do i beat guile 1OO% with chun/cammy
    this guile just jumps back and fireballs constantly.

Have the patience of a saint.

Advertisement