Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privacy issue

Options
  • 04-01-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

i just had a list of all the email addresses of online users? is that not contravening data protection? i could have sent them all spam? i hope no one does so to me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

i just had a list of all the email addresses of online users? is that not contravening data protection? i could have sent them all spam? i hope no one does so to me!
    Are you sure you did? Where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cloudybay13

well i have the link but are you from boards.ie? or just a randomer who may use all the email addresses for mis-use :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hi, can you send me the link please? By PM if at all possible?

BTW, seamus is also one of the good guys - so you can send it to him too :)

Thanks a million

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cloudybay13

i acutally think it's just a list of the user names of people online and not as bad as exciting a find as i thought before.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If it's that, it might be the same as the list on the front page (go to the bottom of the main www.boards.ie page and you'll see a list). People can make themselves invisible in their User CP so that regular users don't see them on that list but there's no risk in being on that list.

A list of email addresses is something we'd be very very concerned about.

Can you still send on the link to Darragh by PM regardless or a screenshot if possible? Judging by your last post you thought you saw something that you didn't but this is the kind of thing that we'd like to be sure about:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Thanks sceptre - got the emails, forwarded on and there is no list of emails. Which is great :)

Better be safe than sorry though!

Advertisement