Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather affect DSL?

• 04-01-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

My 7m Vodafone connection has been poor for a number of days, web pages taking an age to load etc....can these sub zero temperatures be a cause??

671567707.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Darc83

Electrically speaking, irish temperatures will have no effect on a cable's performance. However, contention (more than one person connected through the same line) and general network faults as well as high traffic volumes can adversely affect transmission speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

So just coincidence that it's been bad while the weather has been particularly bad??

I've had no contention issues the previous 3 months of use, daytime especially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I'd say it is contention which is the problem. Alot more people staying at home and browsing instead of going out due to the weather.

As has been said, irish cold weather won't affect the speed of DSL.

Advertisement