Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayonaisse on Hair..

• 04-01-2010 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've heard a few gilrs on here talk about putting mayonaisse on damaged hair and I was just wondering how do you do this exactly?
    Do you just take the tub out of the fridge and slap it on your head?!
    How long do you leave it on for?
    Do you cover you head etc etc

Also, is it good for dry hair?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cheekyass

Hi Beetlebum,

My hairdresser told me about this ( I think theres a post somewhere recently on it) she said that she just puts it literally from the jar straight into her hair and wraps a hot told on it and leaves it for a while.

She said its full of protein because its made with eggs and protein is what keeps your hair strong and resistant to breaking. So its great if your trying to grow your hair etc.

I've honestly not done it myself I'm only taking her word for it but she genuinely swears by it!

Good luck :P

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cheekyass

Sorry Beetlebum just saw the last part of your post, No mayo is not good for dry hair as it does not moisturize it only strengthens it, you'd need to use something separate to hydrate it (warm olive oil according to my hairdresser - but not the easiest to get out I would image!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

cheekyass wrote: »
    Sorry Beetlebum just saw the last part of your post, No mayo is not good for dry hair as it does not moisturize it only strengthens it, you'd need to use something separate to hydrate it (warm olive oil according to my hairdresser - but not the easiest to get out I would image!)

Your hairdresser sounds like she knows a thing or tow about home remedies and saving a few quid! Good work...gonna try it tonight. I hope the mayo washes out easily enough. I don't want to smell like a sandwich in work tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Sandrease

Pure raw unrefined shea butter is perfect for hair.
    You can buy it in www.akomascincare.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 L1984

Oh yeah, this is great. I used to be blonde (brunette now) and my hair was so dry and brittle from all the treatment. I literally scoop a coupld of handfuls out of the jar and slather it on my head, and my scalp. I'd cover it in a hot towel, and I'd leave it on for about an hour, maybe 2, and then wash out. Twice. And condition. It rinses fairly easily, too. it's not nearly as bad as I'd imagined it would have been. The worst thing is the smell, and it's bearable.

Another thing that's really good for dry hair is coconut oil. The stuff that comes in a jar, and is solid at room temperature. You can get it in Boots (hiding, usually)Do the same as above - scoop out a bit, then slap it on your head and relax for a while with a towel on your head. Then shampoo twice, condition, and ta-dah! You're done! It's also obviously a lot kinder to the nostrils than mayonnaise :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

L1984 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, this is great. I used to be blonde (brunette now) and my hair was so dry and brittle from all the treatment. I literally scoop a coupld of handfuls out of the jar and slather it on my head, and my scalp. I'd cover it in a hot towel, and I'd leave it on for about an hour, maybe 2, and then wash out. Twice. And condition. It rinses fairly easily, too. it's not nearly as bad as I'd imagined it would have been. The worst thing is the smell, and it's bearable.

Another thing that's really good for dry hair is coconut oil. The stuff that comes in a jar, and is solid at room temperature. You can get it in Boots (hiding, usually)Do the same as above - scoop out a bit, then slap it on your head and relax for a while with a towel on your head. Then shampoo twice, condition, and ta-dah! You're done! It's also obviously a lot kinder to the nostrils than mayonnaise :)

Thank you guys...my flatmate thought I was insane last night plastering mayo on my head but he's a bloke so what would he know:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 L1984

Beetlebum wrote: »
    Thank you guys...my flatmate thought I was insane last night plastering mayo on my head but he's a bloke so what would he know:pac:

Ooooh, and how did you find it? Tell all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Afrocelt

If your hair is very damaged, try mixing a generous portion of mayonnaise with an egg and a teaspoon or two of extra virgin olive oil or virgin coconut oil. Cover with a plastic cap and wrap with a warm towel.Rinse it off after about an hour.

This is very popular with people with afro hair types damaged from relaxing,extensions, or whatever else.So much so that there is also a good product called organic root stimulator hair mayonnaise with is based on same recipe and can be got in the ethnic aisle in boots(liffey valley definitely not sure about other branches)

Advertisement