Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the story with this weather!!!!

Options
  • 04-01-2010 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭

oK we had our white Christmas and was lovely n all but ive had enough of the ice and just when I thought it was gone I wooke up today to more snow. This is not on, ive my exams in college starting Thursday. Ok Mother Nature you can just give us our rain back now please......

Anybody know when its due to get better???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I heard there was snow over your way today. Was there much?
    Just chatted to someone who came from Buncranna today, at 3pm, and they said the roads are fine, once you get out of Buncrana. :)

No snow in Letterkenny, and there seems to be a decent thaw today, although still very cold. Roads are not too bad, just drive with care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Decent enough blanket of snow but hadnt stuck on the roads as they were wet but remembering the last 2 weeks the snow turned to pure ice and then the road slush got very dodgy at night,

PS i live on a steep(ish) hill above the town and no other way but to go down it if i wanna go anywhere.

Good to hear there was no snow in Letterkenny:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

It's snowing fairly heavy here (newtown) for the last 10 minutes or so, clouds are very black looking down by buncranna area now too, anyways back to topic, according to weather forcasts scattered snow tonight and most places will have snow tommorow, that along with the customary -3 to -10 temp, i think its tine to do a rain dance or 2 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

All the main roads in letterkenny are fine but the housing estates are terrible. Anybody going into LYIT to do exams be careful of the carparks because they look like icerinks. My sis is starting her exams tomorrow, wouldnt fancy trying to do exams in a room that has had little heat in it for the last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Trish2007 wrote: »
    All the main roads in letterkenny are fine but the housing estates are terrible. Anybody going into LYIT to do exams be careful of the carparks because they look like icerinks. My sis is starting her exams tomorrow, wouldnt fancy trying to do exams in a room that has had little heat in it for the last 2 weeks.

****, hadnt even thought of that, thats gonna cause major problems id imagine espically for those who dont leave to get there with plenty of time. Might just leave the van at home and get the bus on thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Back roads are brutal with us, there like scalextric tracks, once you go out of the grooves, you go off the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

ive been on the couch watching breaking bad all day, i must look at the window at some stage and see if its snowing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Getting really fed up of it now, haven't been able to drive the car down to the house since the 19th December. I miss our usual snow, white for a few hours after it snows and gone by the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

stop whining people get prepaired for the weather , i live in a remote part of donegal near the blue stacks snow has not left my road since the week before christmas its been a sheet of ice for the last week but i deal with it and have been out in town any day i wanted , snow tyres are only 25 euro each , a set of chains 70 euro , not hard to have either laying at the house for when you might need them , canada and north america have worse conditions than this for 3-4 months of the year and go on with things as normal , this has to be the worse prepaired country in the world for the weather it gets :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

, snow tyres are only 25 euro each ,
    where ?
    i couldnt see any for that price
    and whats the point for a day or 2 a year (cmon this is exceptional)

• Advertisement

where ?
    i couldnt see any for that price
    and whats the point for a day or 2 a year (cmon this is exceptional)

Bradlys in beside Donegal Town Hardware
    thats for a 14inch snow grip remould

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 madalig

Just reading on the highland radio site, for those of you thinking you have exams this week.......they're postponed!!! Looks like every school/college in the county are closed till monday! Whats with this weather, i've night shift this week and coming home at 7 in the morning, before the salters are out is not appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I love the snow but our bin situation is starting to get serious now, they havent been collected since before christmas. The recycle stuff is ok but the food bins are starting to become a real problem. To make it worse, the wee boy has a dose of the runs so we have a stack of dirty nappies building up outside thats not going to be pretty when the thaw sets in. I'm going to have to start burning stuff soon.
    I agree with deer hunter, I think this is the way it is going to be from now on, the planet is fcuked and and we are going to have to learn to deal with these new conditions or the country is going to die economically every winter, its bad enough for the shops to have to compete with Asda but they will never beat mother nature.

Welcome to Climate Change!!!

Fair play to Tinneys Coal, I ordered 2 bags from them a few days ago and they landed up in a 4x4 jeep with the 2 bags of coal in the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

supposed to be flying knock to liverpool today (dads 90th birthday)
    knock airport closed
    no chance of getting out i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

I have 2 wains that got new bikes from Santa and the furthest they've got is the hallway on them. Every morning they look out their bedroom window in hope that the ice has melted :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

My son got a scooter and a skate board and my daughter got a scooter and a bike, I have never seen kids so disappointed to see snow. Thank god and santa for lego.

Here we go again, snowing here now for nearly an hour now

shiibata wrote: »
    Here we go again, snowing here now for nearly an hour now

where is here

where is here

Glenfin, still snowing away here:)

just started in donegal town area too don't think it will lay here too wet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

Snowing here in letterkenny but its not heavy. Has been raining, sleeting and snowing all morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

Snowing here in letterkenny but its not heavy. Has been raining, sleeting and snowing all morning.
    i do be glad to see the bit of snow cos it means i can get my car up the road!! the ice in our estate is inches thick on the road and the only time we can get our cars up the ever so slight slant on the road is when a bit of new snow comes along and covers the ice!! in fairness tho i wish it would just go away!
    i also have a wee boy who got a big tractor from santa and sits watching tv on it cos its too big to even get a spin up the hall on... poor lad and one who has been skateboarding up and down the hall for 2 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

More rain that anything else, in Letterkenny. A lot of the snow has gone from my back garden, the shed roof is half cleared, and the road in my estate is half ice, half slush.

Gonna be lethal if it freezes again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Been snowing up here on the high ground (Drumkeen) all morning, it was more sleet since 12pm, but back to heavy snow now since the temp is dropping.
    But main roads are wet and nothing is lying on them. A lot of cloud cover so might not be as cold tonight.

Have to wonder, if there's a quick thaw we might see flooding in some areas.

Advertisement