Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I stand?

Options
  • 04-01-2010 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I am a student renting a - shack, as it can only be described as, with 3 other people.
    The 3 people I live with are absolute pigs. They havent put the bins out to be collected since september.
    The place is disgusting, it was disgusting when we moved in, and the landlord doesnt seem to care.

Anyhow, the patio/sliding door is broken in the front porch, and before we left for christmas, it was hard enough to lock/open the door because "the rain" got into the lock.

Last night, after spending most of the evening in casualty, I make my way back to my college house. I drove for 3 hours, and when i arrive back -- at 2:30, teh door would just not open.

I tried everything. Heating the key, wiggling the key, beating the key (it broke). Nothing worked.

At 5am, I decide to get a hotel, as i had NOWHERE left to go.

Now, at 59 euro per night, for two nights (as id have had to check out at 11am otherwise), its not in my pricerange.

Im furious.

Ive called the landlord, and theyre coming down this evening, with a spare key to "see" if they can get it opened.

I dont have a lease signed.

Do I have any comeback? Is it just tough luck on me?
    What do you advise I do?

Thank you.

Advertisement