Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted: Farmers RTE lastnight

• 04-01-2010 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

I saw this program last night about a farmer in fermanagh who sold his dairy farm to move to south dakota to set up a dairy farm there. Its a two part series, the 1st was on last night around midnight and I have no idea when the secon part is on but want to see how he gets on.
    Does anyone know?? Cant get any infor off the crappy RTE website.
    Cheers lads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

next sun 11.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭motorman

sweet as a nut!!!! Ta legwax

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

Didn't see it but i seen it on BBC a year ago i think if you want to check there site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

It was filmed in 2004, wonder how he coped with the drop in milk price etc.
    That bit where the herd got TB just as he was getting out struck a chord with me - the exact thing happened my Dad years ago when he was getting ready to get out of dairying. We were stuck with the cows so had to go multible suckling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 8560

motorman wrote: »
    I saw this program last night about a farmer in fermanagh who sold his dairy farm to move to south dakota to set up a dairy farm there. Its a two part series, the 1st was on last night around midnight and I have no idea when the secon part is on but want to see how he gets on.
    Does anyone know?? Cant get any infor off the crappy RTE website.
    Cheers lads
    i think that must be a repeat, seen it about a year ago. looks a tough life with the winters as they are. i womder how he is fareing with milk down this past year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

8560 wrote: »
    i think that must be a repeat, seen it about a year ago. looks a tough life with the winters as they are. i womder how he is fareing with milk down this past year.
    Thats the trouble with these programs they never do a follow up program a few years after to see how they are getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

Saw that program too maybe it was the wine but I packed himself and myselfs imaginary bags and headed off, not put off by the -29 temperatures at all now sur we're gettin used to the cold(cowld).

Would love to see a follow up on them though.

Advertisement