Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a chef apprenticeship in Oz/NZ - how?

Options
  • 04-01-2010 5:50pm

I'm considering training to become a chef but I'd prefer to do it outside of Ireland for a number of reasons. One avenue which is meant to be good to do is to work as an apprentice. Does anyone have any advice as to where I should be looking in regards to doing this?

Also given that I am unskilled in that I want to train over there (I have a degree in an unrelated area), would that make it more difficult to get a visa?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

You'd be better off asking this in one of the Education forums tbh. My girlfriend's a chef in Brisbane but qualified in Ireland. Apprentice money is dreadful over here anyway. Far less hassle to get qualified in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I reckon this is near impossible, unless you want to study over here in a uni which means you will be on foreign student rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just audition for the next series of MasterChef ;)

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just audition for the next series of MasterChef ;)

Shut up you banker!

Advertisement