Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding camera system to home...

Options
  • 04-01-2010 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I currently have a 8 way amp distributing sky plus to all rooms in the house. (am able to control sky plus box from any room using sky eyes).

I would like to add at least 2 CCTV cameras to the distribution amp so that i could lets say flick to channel 10 on any tv and view camera one and say channel 11 and see camera two.

I know i would need to purchase a Yellow video phono to RF convertor and put that into the input of the amp... but is there such a convertor that would accept 2 or more Yellow video phono inputs from cameras and also include an input from the sky box to pass through to the amp?

The cameras wont be anything top spec and i wont need any record function for the moment as one will be viewing front door and other will be for viewing the driveway gate.

Also, i do realise that i can just plug these cameras into the scart/yellow phono on the back of a tv, but need to be able to flick to the cameras on any tv in the house.

I just need to know how to distribute to cameras to all rooms using the already existing 8 way distribution amp in the attic.

Thanking you in advance.

Advertisement