Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

120 fans: Berthiot Paris Anastigmat

• 04-01-2010 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I was given a vintage 120 for my birthday in the last few weeks and I was just wondering if any boardies might know anything about it. I've never used 120 before.

On the inside ring of the lens it says f6.3 f105 229892 Berthiot Paris Anastigmat.

I've run a roll through it and left it in to be developed looking forward to the results, but in the mean time I was just wondering if anyone could reccomend any good books or websites about this camera or good for a 120 newbie?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Welll, 120 is just the film format, used in everything from 1920s folding kodaks to modern day AF medium format SLRs and rangefinders. I presume its the camera itself you're looking for more info about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tullie

Yeah that's if anyone knows the camera at all, the bf was told it's from the thirties from the antique shop guy, but camera exchange said they reckon its from the fifties. After that I've no more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Maybe upload a picture of the camera and people may be able to let you know what they think.

will do asap

Maybe upload a picture of the camera and people may be able to let you know what they think.

Yeah that's not a bad idea. Or any identifying labels or names, is it a folder ? a box camera ? a TLR ? Some info would help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Berthiot was a french lens company:
    http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Berthiot

"Anastigmat" is the correction of astigmaticism by combining lenses:
    http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Anastigmat

photos of said camera, apologies for the quality they're from my mobilepicture.php?albumid=937&pictureid=4585

picture.php?albumid=937&pictureid=4584

picture.php?albumid=937&pictureid=4583

Looks like a nice folder all right, It's hard to work out exactly what though without closeups of the front plate and any other identifying text on the body.

Just as an aside, and apologies if you're aware of this, but it ought to be unfolded completely to get it into a shooting position. The fold out rails ought to be at 90 degrees (or so) to the body of the camera, with the lens standard at 90 degrees to the bed and probably locked into position somehow. My experience of folders isn't too comprehensive, I've only ever used one, an old Kodak folder from the 1920s

Looks like a nice folder all right, It's hard to work out exactly what though without closeups of the front plate and any other identifying text on the body.

Just as an aside, and apologies if you're aware of this, but it ought to be unfolded completely to get it into a shooting position. The fold out rails ought to be at 90 degrees (or so) to the body of the camera, with the lens standard at 90 degrees to the bed and probably locked into position somehow. My experience of folders isn't too comprehensive, I've only ever used one, an old Kodak folder from the 1920s

That's just it, there isn't any text on the camera with the exception of the inside ring of the lens. even the aperture numbers are quiet faded.
    As for folding it out fully, I can't figure out how to lock it in position

Advertisement