Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best wormer for puppies

Options
  • 04-01-2010 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

My neighbours pups will be 2 weeks this Thursday and need to start there worming programme. What is the best wormer, i have heard theres 2 main ones Dronntel liquid puppy which i think might be the best cos its only 1 dose every 2 weeks or i have heard about parazole but that is giving over 3 days every 2 weeks.
    What do people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I used the drontal liq puppy one, easier to worm once over 2 weeks. For tiny little babies they sure can squirm so holding puppy, syringe and getting it in their mouth is harder than expected. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I use Panacur 10% liquid, Ive had very bad reactions to liquid Drontal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

I use parazole never have any problems but also use a herbal remedy called worm clear to settle tummys following worming. Just make sure you weigh pups and use correct dosage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

suziwalsh wrote: »
    I use parazole never have any problems but also use a herbal remedy called worm clear to settle tummys following worming. Just make sure you weigh pups and use correct dosage

Where would u get worm clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

+1 for Parazole, it's the best stuff I have found that doesn't upset delicate puppy bellies. I found a little probiotic (something like ProKolin) is good to prevent any dodgy side effects from worming. This is generally only needed when pups are not suckling from their mother any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

+2 for Parazole. I know a couple of dogs who had bad reactions to Milbemax so I always advise Parazole for pups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

+3 parazole

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

EGAR wrote: »
    I use Panacur 10% liquid, Ive had very bad reactions to liquid Drontal.

I tried that and it didnt get rid of the worms my puppy had two months ago. I had to get a stronger worm dose from the vets which took three days to work. It must have been either heart worm , Lung worm or Hook worm she had because Panacur doesnt cover those worms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Starlights

I used liquid drontal on my puppies and i recommend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭whitser

parazole. its tough on worms but easy on the pup so it can be used regular. i start at 10 days and worm every 10 days til at least 8 or 9 weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement