Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Automatic filing Software

• 04-01-2010 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I've had a good scan around the net but I cant seem to find a piece of software that will automatically file documents on a server. Maybe there is no such thing but I would have thought that if you had a rigid file numbering system you could save everything to one place on your server and have a piece of software to redistribute to a series of predefined folders.

Better again if the software could create new folders based on the filename of the document you are saving.

Is this the stuff of science fiction or does anyone know of such a thing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Lifehacker have a program called Belvedere one of their contributors developed. Sounds like it might do what you need (or partially). It works like the filters in an email client.

Edit: Belvedere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 baby astrolab

Thanks for that Adyx. Its a bit more limited that I was imagining but useful none the less.

Alot of offices file their documents by Job Number, then numbered sub folder so wouldn't it be useful if there was a programme that would file documents by selecting say, the first 5 digits (Job number: 20001 to 99999) to bring it to the Job file and then selecting the first 7 digits to place it in the sub folder (eg. 20001 01 Client File).

Sounds easy but I'm sure its not!

Advertisement