Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thierry Henry & the FIFA Disciplinary Committee: What Happened?

• 04-01-2010 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

Hate bringing up old wounds, but was there ever an outcome to this?

I remember hearing FIFA saying they were going to launch an investigation (which should have lasted all of about the 5 seconds it takes to watch the replay of the incident) but I never heard any result or findings or conclusions in the end.

Is it still ongoing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Think they ended up offering us the fifa fair play award but FAI turned it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Serious, that was it? That's bull****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Thought it was a hearing of all cases from the qualifiers with a look to making things better for the WC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Sweet feck all happened as we all knew it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Nothing happened and rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

FIFA brush things under the carpet all the time.

They do lots of talking but im afraid very little walking

Who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

bohsman wrote: »
    Thought it was a hearing of all cases from the qualifiers with a look to making things better for the WC?

I did read somewhere that they were also looking into the aftermath of the Algeria - Egypt play-off which left 1 person dead, so maybe your right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Would say the major outcome is that there will be extra linesmen behind the goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CCCP^ wrote: »
    I did read somewhere that they were also looking into the aftermath of the Algeria - Egypt play-off which left 1 person dead, so maybe your right there.

think that is a different meeting. there was a meeting of the FIFA executive commitee which discussed things like that, as well as using the extra refs in the WC, the Irish playoff game, amongst other things.

There was talk of a disciplinary hearing for Henry, but i don't think there ever actually was one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Who cares?

The Origional Poster.

I dont get this. Every time there is mention of this incident someone HAS to post "OMG, Like, ffs, so embarrasing" If your not interested dont post. Its that simple. Posting in a thread is bumping it, so if you dont like it, the best thing to do is ignore it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Re: extra linesmen behind the goal : Were they not trying that in the Europa lge beforehand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

we turned down the fair play award so they gave henry a solid gold hand instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Re: extra linesmen behind the goal : Were they not trying that in the Europa lge beforehand?

They still are trailing it, but it will not be used in the WC Finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

RGDATA! wrote: »
    we turned down the fair play award so they gave henry a solid gold hand instead

Ha! I wouldn't be surprized!

I'm sure Blatter and Platini will present him with one if they win the thing.

Bastards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

after the 'meeting' blatter calls henry into a private room and tells him he was a nuaghty boy, before proceeding to give him a bj.

and wish him well in the finals.

that is all........

Advertisement