Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to spend our few days?

Options
  • 04-01-2010 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hey all!

Myself and 3 friends are heading to kilkenny city this wednesday until friday. Can anyone suggest some things to do please? We're all students so nothing too expensive :p Maybe some things for during the day (definitely visiting kilkenny castle one afternoon), evening/night (best pubs/clubs for 19-23 year olds) and good cheap places to eat too? I've looked on kilkennytourism.ie and similar sites but just want to see what the locals think is worth doing! All ideas much appreciated, thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gunner11

neil delamere is in langtons set theatre thurs nite at 8pm if ur interested in a comedy night out

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Left Bank is a nice place to go of an evening. For sight seeing why not climb the round tower at St Canices (A few quid each) or visit St marys cathedral (170 years old but free James Green if you are interesed in the architecture) and we in Kilkenny are known for our multiple Dunnes so if you are quick you could visit all 27 of them.

gunner11 wrote: »
    neil delamere is in langtons set theatre thurs nite at 8pm if ur interested in a comedy night out

Actually I'd go with that :D Set is on John St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Varyn

Wow thanks a million for the Neil Delamere tip, i'll suggest it to the others sounds fun :) Thanks for the other suggestions too, will look into them!

Can't wait :D

Varyn wrote: »
    Wow thanks a million for the Neil Delamere tip, i'll suggest it to the others sounds fun :) Thanks for the other suggestions too, will look into them!

Can't wait :D

Dont be nice about my ones there a bit naff.:P

• Advertisement

Dont be nice about my ones there a bit naff.:P

Ah sure, I'll look into them anyway :p ...what's this about multiple dunnes?:confused: If you mean dunnes stores' I work part time in one and don't want to be anywhere near one of those places haha...if you're talking bout something else entirely just ignore my slowness :o

Varyn wrote: »
    Ah sure, I'll look into them anyway :p ...what's this about multiple dunnes?:confused: If you mean dunnes stores' I work part time in one and don't want to be anywhere near one of those places haha...if you're talking bout something else entirely just ignore my slowness :o

Its a running joke in kilkenny about the two huge dunnes we have within 3 mins walk of each other:rolleyes: Any way the round tower is actually worth it but not good if dont like heights though:D

Ah right...nearly had a breakdown there, thought I was gonna be surrounded by them :eek: Cool well don't think any of us are afraid of heights so I'll put it out there! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

• If you like hugging men and shouting along to Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 go to Paris Texas
    • If you like hugging portly broody ladies in their late 20's and shouting along to Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 go to Left Bank / Morisson's
    • If you like shouting along to Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 with terminally cool gothy alternative types that don't Listen to Bryan Adams because it's not alternative enough, go to Annaconda
    • If you like shouting along to Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 with a half a pool cue in your back, go to The World's End
    • If you like shouting along to Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 while dancing in Sex on the Beach puke with teenagers, go to Biddy Earlies
    • If you like shouting along to Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 with a hen party, go to The Kilford / O'Faolains
    • If you like shouting along to Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 on your own, go to Kytlers

If you don't like going home at 1.30AM, or shouting along to any of the following tunes:
    Summer of 69 / Sweet Home Alabama / Livin on a Prayer / Don't stop Belivin' / Chelsea dagger / [insert interchangable shítty 'floorfiller'] go somewhere with decent nightlife scene, Like Dublin, Cork, Galway, Waterford, Limerick, Belfast or preferably a city in another country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Any way the round tower is actually worth it but not good if dont like heights though:D

The Round Tower is definitely recommended but during bad weather they tend to close the tower.

• Advertisement
Advertisement