Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under (or should I say over) counter lighting

Options
  • 04-01-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

We finally got around to buying lights to attach under the cupboards in our kitchen. The house came with junction boxes fitted already (The Park). We connected the lights to the juntion box and they didn't work. We tested the lights by attaching a plug and they worked. It seems that there is no power running to the junction box. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do?

Many thanks
    SSO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

is your circuit breaker switched on, i know its an obvious question but maybe.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

previously discussed (a long time ago) - see here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

On a similar note... our lights above the sink in the bathrooms have both gone. The long thin ones im talking about. Changed bulbs but both dont want to work anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Ciaran,

The shavers light and socket might be on an isolated circuit with a very low amp trip switch...check to see if the trip has gone, otherwise you'll need to check the wiring (best use a qualified sparks)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Ciaran,

The shavers light and socket might be on an isolated circuit with a very low amp trip switch...check to see if the trip has gone, otherwise you'll need to check the wiring (best use a qualified sparks)

Errr... where is the trip located?

Yours,
    Mr Electrics :D

Tks Astro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

In charlesland the Fuse box is usually in the entrance hall up high above the entrance door.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    In charlesland the Fuse box is usually in the entrance hall up high above the entrance door.

Ooh I looked in there and they all seem to be ok. I thought there might be another box somewhere else. Tks again mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

That other thread answered my question. Many thanks. I did search them but couldn't find anything. Will have to refine my searching skills.

No off to dismantle lighting!

Advertisement