Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Route Dublin to Clonmel

• 04-01-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭

What would be the best route to clonmel from dublin these days

M7 - M8 turn off at cashel and into clonmel

or

M7- M9 - N10 - N76
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 winterchickens

Clonmel is 15 inutes drive from Cashel. The best and most direct route is as you say head down the main Cork road and turn off just before Cashel. The sign says Fethard and Clonmel. Driving at the speed limit it will take you two hours and five or ten mintes.
    Safe journey.
    Regards.
    Tom in Thurles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Thanks,

I suspose I just wondering with the tailbacks into abbeyleix if the other way might be better now that the M9 is open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 winterchickens

I am not sure about peak time driving. Sorry.
    Regards.
    Tom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Nuttzz wrote: »
    Thanks,

I suspose I just wondering with the tailbacks into abbeyleix if the other way might be better now that the M9 is open

Drove the M9 today and did notice more "TS" regs than usual I have to say. With M9 from Leighlinbridge, the M8 advantage is less clear cut once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Good old thread on this here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055538562

Take the M8 to junction 10 and then N24 to Clonmel. Best route hands down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 chelskifan

Have been driving this route for many years now and your best option is probably the M9 /N9 then N76 to Clonmel.

M8 to Cahir and then onto Clonmel is a little longer though but I suppose
    it's down to personal choice really....hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Dkettle

I haven't driven it since Kilcullen - Carlow opened but it was >2.5 hours the last time I drove it (Carlow bypass open)

Coming down from the All Ireland, Wood Quay to Clonmel (beside Railway Station) was 2 hours, 10 minutes, via the M8, turning off at Cashel and using the detour around Abbeyleix.

Going by Cahir is no slower (it's 20 minutes to the Cashel junction, and so is Clonmel - Cashel direct, unless you get a really flukey run) and a lot safer, so I would have to endorse the Cork route as far as Cahir, and turn off there, joint quickest, and definitely the easiest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

i think kilkenny is better i always used that road even before any bypass and it took me 2 hrs in a artic in the early hours or at night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I did the route M7- M9 - N10 - N76 on friday

Took 2 hours from clonmel to dublin (m50)

Advertisement