Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap insurance for two??

• 04-01-2010 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hiya,

My sisters looking to get insured on her first car.

She's gonna buy it in my mum or dads name, and she's looking for cheap enough insurance in my mum or dads name with my sister as a named driver.

I did the same when I got my first car, and my insurance was only about €600 with tesco (hibernian), but when ive been shopping around for quotes for her they are all about €900 or €1000!!!

Anyone recently get insured and find a good deal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

votejohn wrote: »
    Hiya,

My sisters looking to get insured on her first car.

She's gonna buy it in my mum or dads name, and she's looking for cheap enough insurance in my mum or dads name with my sister as a named driver.

I did the same when I got my first car, and my insurance was only about €600 with tesco (hibernian), but when ive been shopping around for quotes for her they are all about €900 or €1000!!!

Anyone recently get insured and find a good deal?

This is technally not legal, however it's what I done.

I got insure under my brother's name. I am 25 but only had my provisional for 2 months at the time. I went with topquote and it cost me €500 with the roll back/soliciters fees/ friends family insurance etc etc. This would have cost me approx €1600 on my own. (1.4l peugeot 206)

here is topquotes website http://www.tqd.ie/ They don't have an online quote form so you will have to call them.

I have also heard of people talking about britton insurance on this, and 123.ie are quite good too.

You are just going to have to ring around and play them off against each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

great thanks,

I just came across its4women.ie and got a great quote, only 395!!! Hopefully I didnt make any mistakes and thats the right price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've been using insure.ie for the last few years and found them great when I was getting started with my own insurance. No harm in giving them a go.

Advertisement