Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Shannon Harbour ?

Options
  • 04-01-2010 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anybody know a broadband provider in the Shannon Harbour area (Eircom is not working) ? Any suggestion is really appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Eircom seems to be a balls with area wise. Lot of places around its not available. You'd think our leading phone company could sort it out:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Crosshair

Lastmile.ie provide a wireless broadband service, the nearest transmitter to you is on the watertower on Ciaran hill in Banagher, you would need line of sight to this. Have this running in Cloghan no probs, bit expensive though ~40eu monthly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bgw617

Hi - We live in Shannon Harbour and we use a wirless connection from 3 Mobile - 19.99 euro a month inclusive - very good value - it's pretty good although we did have issues with which site to use because the transmitter in Banagher is overshadowed sometimes by the relay station somewhere in the Tullamore direction but the reps from 3 came out and sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bapeter

Hi, thanks, could you please tell me if you are using a 3G stick or a different connection ? I am using a vodafone stick at the moment which is fairly good working (modem speed). I tried 3G and O2 las well but got no connection at all. This was in March last year. Lastmile told me 2-3 years ago that the connection will be disrupted in summertime due to trees. Does anybody know if Eircom is planning to extend his broadband service in 2010 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bgw617

bapeter wrote: »
    Hi, thanks, could you please tell me if you are using a 3G stick or a different connection ? I am using a vodafone stick at the moment which is fairly good working (modem speed). I tried 3G and O2 las well but got no connection at all. This was in March last year. Lastmile told me 2-3 years ago that the connection will be disrupted in summertime due to trees. Does anybody know if Eircom is planning to extend his broadband service in 2010 ?
    Hi - we are using a 3G stick but it one of the newer ones that is capable of the higher speed I think it's 7.2. Because of the problem we had with the transmitter station over in Tullamore direction cutting into the Banagher signal we have got a signal booster box in the house which 3 supplied free of charge. They have been very good with their service backup. We haven't had any problem with trees in the summer time. I personally don't rate Eircom at all !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Orrid

NBS from 3 is ok. A lot better than nothing even thou slow..3Mb max even though they say they can do 7.

I'd dodge Lastmile like I'd dodge a 45 tonne artic...Moo Moo lets hear it for the cowboys. €38 per month for an iffy 2Mb/512 with a high contention ratio..Yeah right!

Advertisement