Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for contacts in Dublin in January 2010

Options
  • 04-01-2010 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello!

Since I'm going to travel to Dublin from 8-23 January 2010 I'd like to get to know some people around my age (who are visitor's, too, maybe). Just for some conversation, maybe meeting for a tea, going to cinema or a bit sightseeing or fotographing together (I love old buildings, castles, ruins, cemeteries), maybe going to an alternative play at the theatre,...
    Just somebody to exchange some experience, talking to each other in English (I'm from abroad, English isn't my mother tongue).
    I'm 28 years old and just interested in some conversation, maybe with people who like alternative music or sth. like that as well (I prefer gothic music).

Would be great to here from you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Check out Issacs hostel when you get here, it's on Frenchmans lane off Amein street. Always full of trendy foreign folk,I'm sure you'll meet plenty of folks there. Good luck on your trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

If you are from Germany you can meet other Germans and Irish people who are interested in speaking auf Deutsch in the Ilac Centre Library (im Stadtzentrum) on Thursdays (zwischen 18 und 20Uhr). Then again, vielleicht haben Sie keine Interesse bei uns auf Deutsch zu Reden!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

or you could try NewAndNearlyNewInDublin at MeetUp.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

You could check out couchsurfing.com
    It's not only about finding a free bed, you should find people who'll meet up for a chat/coffee too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

dubtom wrote: »
    Check out Issacs hostel when you get here, it's on Frenchmans lane off Amein street. Always full of trendy foreign folk,I'm sure you'll meet plenty of folks there. Good luck on your trip.
    A better description would be off Lower Gardiner Street, rather than off Amiens Street... It's very close to Busarus (the Central Bus Station). Be warned, if thinking of staying there, that it is right beneath the railway line!

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement