Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's One I Made Earlier... (Creative Arts thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I'm trying to learn to use my graphics tablet at the moment, so I'm trying lots of different things out in Photoshop. Here's one such drawing I managed to finish with it...

Riverside_800px.png

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

I wrote a poem once for a school poetry thing. I cant remember all of it so these are just the bits I can... I had saved it on my laptop but that crashed :( This is the work of 15/16 year old me. Ive never produced anything better since :L

As we grow older, we begin to realise
    The hurt we caused back then
    Will be imprinted in peoples minds

It wasnt that times were hard,
    Or the way that I was reared
    But in the way I acted,
    no other childs feelings spared

You can hear it in their voices
    Or as you look into their eyes
    Their friendly formal greeting
    Is a mask of their despise

There are no bruises, no physical scars have been left
    But there are traumatic memories we wish we could forget

So I buried the box deep beneath the grass
    So deep into the soil, that no sun would ever pass
    So deep into the soil, no dog could grasp it with their paws
    So deep into the soil, to erase my past flaws.

(There was a verse in there about filling the box with these memories but i cant remember it :( )I just know sellotape was used!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I've finally finished a poem I'm happy with. Its about beginning college back in 2008:

I arrived in Galway as Ireland embarked on slow suicide
    Blissfully ignorant we sought to make the most of new-found freedoms,
    Looking for excitement in the illicit and the illegal I drank without limits,
    Smoked my first joint to the sound of Robert Smith
    Unintentionally mirroring Aristippus I showed little moderation
    Seeking to make up for a quiet youth by hunting for the angry fix.

My introduction to academia comes almost as an afterthought
    An exciting prospect quickly reduced to a repetitive routine
    The initial thrill of arrival was forgotten in the haze of cheap lagers and head shop spices
    As my good intentions and my desires could not be reconciled

Never I had I felt such happiness
    Happiness and wonder at all that was new
    But all is brief and fleeting
    Such naive joy
    Has never been recaptured no matter what I do.

So, I drew a Lapras hanging out with his hitch-hiker Pikachu friend! Hopefully 'Chu's agreed not to use any Electric-type moves during their voyage...

Lapras_600px.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

This is about as good as I can get... Drawings in the bottom of the biscuit tin...

4263a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

girl005.jpg

water006.jpg

words008.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Rubbish picture quality, but you get the idea XD

Here's a Converse 'n' plaid-wearing girl I drew today when I should actually have been finishing the last bit of an already late Christmas present. I'm the worst procrastinator ever. :p

hipstergirlsketch.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Doing 366 Days of Photos, well attempting it again, here's day one :)
    A515BFA483164BBB876C16175956AD84-0000332267-0002700182-00640L-2915505054A84E43A834E5D3F2AE8C1C.jpg
    Taken with my shiny, not-so-new camera.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Went back through the old videos on my Youtube profile earlier and found this:

Makes me want to record more now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Breathe

This irrational
    Nervousness
    On the border
    Of outright panic,
    Trembling limbs
    And shallow breath
    And racing mind,
    Every grim idea
    A potential reality,
    Every move delayed
    In fear of fault
    Or failure,
    Shyly shrinking back,
    A quiet coward,
    Imagining the worst
    Instead of asking
    Simple questions,
    This irrational
    Nervousness
    Comes and goes,
    Returns and
    Fretfully flows
    As I forget to breathe,
    As I try to find the words
    To ask such
    Simple questions
    Instead of dreaming
    Awful answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cookier

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

Haven't a patch on anybody in this thread but this is a flag I painted. Its approx 5m x 3.5m

scaled.php?server=819&filename=32268326222717715238510.jpg&res=medium

Here's something I drew for a friend's going-away party. She's going to be working in the London Science Museum for at least the next two years, hence the title! Her pet cat's nearly always got this adorably surprised, kind of cross-eyed expression on its face, so I tried to capture that.

heatherpatrickpresent.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Ooh this is lovely, I'll have to post on here at some point. :) It'd definitely give up my anonymity though, but it looks so fun!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Shizuku

Here's something I drew for a friend's going-away party. She's going to be working in the London Science Museum for at least the next two years, hence the title! Her pet cat's nearly always got this adorably surprised, kind of cross-eyed expression on its face, so I tried to capture that.

heatherpatrickpresent.png
    Christ on a bike that's good!

Are you using illustrator and a wacom tablet? That's brilliant!

Tell me all your secrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I am probably the most talentless person there is but I dabble and try my best at most things. So here's some random thing that I drew. :P:o
    FFBB17B3D372468A9E37ED3B9897C9A6-0000325535-0002752507-00500L-1B872A24A44345CE9BC74755E51CACCF.gif

It was supposed to be a spider alien and stuff but it didn't quite turn out the way it expected.

Shizuku wrote: »
    Are you using illustrator and a wacom tablet? That's brilliant!

Tell me all your secrets.

Thanks! :D I use a Wacom tablet and Paint Tool SAI for digital stuffs. I also occasionally use Photoshop for colour adjustment, or for adding text, like in that drawing. I find that SAI's interface is lighter and more immediate than that of Photoshop, so I enjoy using it to quickly rough out ideas... but I should really practise with Photoshop some more because it features a wealth of brush customisation settings, colour blending modes, and all sorts of fancy stuff that SAI doesn't support. As for secrets... er... I really don't think I'm most suitable person to be giving advice, but, keep seeking out stuff that inspires you, and - most importantly - never give up.

Oh, also, here's some Monsters Inc. fanart, for some reason... it's a female version of whatever sort of creature Mike is! Maybe it's his sister, or something? Anyway, monsters are fun.

monster_cc.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Indiego/2366488

Its not much to show, but Im really proud of it considering its the first game I've ever made, even though I used scratch so I kinda cheated.. :o
    But yeah, a few hours well spent I suppose :cool:

Yar-har 'n avast, me hearties. Here be some doodles from Cork Drink & Draw's most recent, pirate-themed sketch-group session!

64074_10150691043335306_642860305_11706566_1866394200_n.jpg

419050_10150691041590306_642860305_11706562_810122868_n.jpg

419245_10150691041890306_642860305_11706563_1135266794_n.jpg

419396_10150691042230306_642860305_11706564_2020188330_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

SRd65.jpg
    ...that may just be the coolest thing I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Banjo Fella, you've no idea how much I envy your talent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Got nothing to post here, but is anyone any good with GIMP/Photoshop type stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Shizuku

flyswatter wrote: »
    Got nothing to post here, but is anyone any good with GIMP/Photoshop type stuff?

I am proficient in the realm of photoshop. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kaleidoscopic

(Emerges from boards darkness)

I've gotten really into paper cutting recently, ever since I went to London this January and saw the beautiful work of Rob Ryan.

416851_10150667993844788_605089787_9102666_147362647_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/554829_10150708207744788_605089787_9245494_2100397685_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Gonna try and learn how to use photoshop

tumblr_m2juju3hIG1r5nqg4o1_500.png

Here's a drawing of my favourite hyphema-eyed, dorky-natured cartoon band vocalist; 2-D! I've, er, recently become a little bit obsessed with Gorillaz again. I finally got around to listening to Plastic Beach properly, which is probably the root of my mania. Melancholy Hill is a crazy-nice song, and all of the music videos produced for that album are simply mind-blowingly well made. It's a shame Hewlett and Albarn seem to have had a bit of a falling out lately, I really hope they'll collaborate again eventually... I'll just have to tide myself over with shameful fanart until then. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Banjo Fella, you CRAY. I don't really want to post any drawings in the midst of art that good, so here's some new music instead:

http://soundcloud.com/oniadh/dialled-up

It's from a new album I'm doing called Extravageansaí, which hopefully should be finished by Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

http://schique00.deviantart.com/#/d3jqntw

I'd always wanted to do Art for the Junior, but there was only one class and I didn't get into it so ended up doing ****ty Home Ec xP I try to do as much art as I can in my spare time, but writing's my real forté (although I'm not fantastic :L) :)

• Advertisement

Banjo Fella, you CRAY. I don't really want to post any drawings in the midst of art that good, so here's some new music instead:

http://soundcloud.com/oniadh/dialled-up

It's from a new album I'm doing called Extravageansaí, which hopefully should be finished by Autumn.

Thanks, man! I am fairly mentally unstable, it'd be nice if that would help improve my drawing. :p I really don't want to scare anyone away from posting stuff, by the way! :/ I'm very familiar with the feeling of having my mind implode in response to how amazing someone else's art is. While I'd feel super flattered if anyone actually felt that way about my stuff, I'd make sure to suggest what I remind myself at times like that; to be inspired, rather than discouraged, because I can improve to that extent too provided I keep trying and I don't give up during the many instances when I feel frustrated with my drawing ability. Anyway, I'll sh'up now. But please post arts - post all the arts!

I really like Dialled Up, it's such a calming, beautifully ambient track. You managed to make a modem sound so soothing and mellowed out. That's an utterly fantastic album name, too!

Advertisement