Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's One I Made Earlier... (Creative Arts thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I've posted it in another thread, but there's a couple more songs up, so here's our myspace page.

We haven't finished lyrics yet....

..or figured out how to dub singing over the instruments....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

all ye guys are incredibly talented.
    i was going to post something but i'd look a fool, my stuff is s***e compared to yours!
    seriously though well done to all of ye

Don't be silly! You couldn't be as talentless as me, and I'll post what I'm working on when I'm done. I'd love to see whatever you post anyway. :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I suppose my main "talent" is photoshop. Which is quite sad. And even then I can only really do image manipulation Bah... That's really class though Bythewoods, wish I could do that kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Don't be silly! You couldn't be as talentless as me, and I'll post what I'm working on when I'm done. I'd love to see whatever you post anyway. :)

haha honestly i'm not that good!
    i might do though when i'm finished i'll have to wait and see how it turns out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I've posted it in another thread, but there's a couple more songs up, so here's our myspace page.

We haven't finished lyrics yet....

..or figured out how to dub singing over the instruments....

My god! You guys are awesome. ;)

• Advertisement

Jako8 wrote: »
    My god! You guys are awesome. ;)

Thanks!

I'll pay you later....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Aoibheann wrote: »
    bythewoods I want a caricature now please! That's really good!
    !

It was a long bus ride. S'why I doodled. Right now I'm comfy where I am, but here's YOU. I made a conscious effort to make you look like an emo, thus making it as realistic as possible.Also, I used a scanner, so as you can see, it's a bit bollox. I'll give you my doodle next time I see you :P
    (I'm not making it bigger, the flaws will be more apparent...)

misc030.jpg

bythewoods wrote: »
    It was a long bus ride. S'why I doodled. Right now I'm comfy where I am, but here's YOU. I made a conscious effort to make you look like an emo, thus making it as realistic as possible.Also, I used a scanner, so as you can see, it's a bit bollox. I'll give you my doodle next time I see you :P

misc030.jpg
    Uh-oh....

That's the biggest mistake you'll ever make on here....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Oh! I did do something arty! No one's going to click play but here's a stop motion thing I did for college. There's even a rubik's cube solve in there, Jay P!

• Advertisement

Uh-oh....

That's the biggest mistake you'll ever make on here....

No it's cool. I'm not drawing anyone else :P
    I've met Aoibheann, so I know what she looks like (an emo :P). Everyone else can shove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Oh! I did do something arty! No one's going to click play but here's a stop motion thing I did for college. There's even a rubik's cube solve in there, Jay P!

I really, reallly liked the Rubik's cube bit

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Loving Mr. Sluggy. (He's a slug...) :P

That must have taken freakin' ages! It's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

bythewoods wrote: »

misc030.jpg

You actually made one.. So, so much love, even if you did make me emo.. I can't help the super-long side fringe y'know!

<3!

Thanks guys! Yeah it took a long time to do them, the rubik's cube one took forever, because while I can do it really fast usually, for that I had to take a photo ever half turn, so I was getting seriously confused and messing up the algorithms. Nightmare, I had to pull the rubik's cube apart and reset it to a certain way several times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭knockane_ali09

this is one i made a while back not too sure about the title but here goes..........

Stories

My Daddy told me stories,
    As his dad did before,
    stories full of wonder and awe,
    of times past that are no more.

I remember his voice as he told them
    The pitch, The tone,
    and the way his voice painted
    a picture as I listened.

as his dad did before,
    stories of dragons and princesses
    and of places that exist only in dreams.

He spoke with clear perfection
    as he told those stories to me,
    each story was different from the last,
    unique one might say,
    but they were always just for me.

My Daddy told me stories
    And I listened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

3112482413_7510ab9057.jpg

A painting I finished around a year ago :)

Not just here to show, looking forward to this thread filling up with awesomeness :D
    I must ask, what does the white and grey area in the top right corner mean? Is it like the negative aspects of thought or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

jumpguy wrote: »
    I must ask, what does the white and grey area in the top right corner mean? Is it like the negative aspects of thought or something else?

Ahh, nice question. It's hard to answer cause it's been a while, but... the colours (or lack of) don't really stand for much at that particular point in the painting. Although I don't think there's such thing as a wrong answer here :D The 'lost keys' you see represent the result of the concept, which was mental decay. The painting reads from left to right, although the whole concept isn't secure, so not everything fits perfectly! :o

I really liked your piece back on page 2, Insect Overlord. Some of the lines reminded me of personal things, which is cool to see in someone else's work :D

Glad to see this thread has moved on a bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

I've written a few scripts/short stories recently.

Here's an excerpt from one, it's pretty long though:
    4am,
    Again.
    I told myself I would go to bed at 2am latest. But then again; I tell myself a lot of things. Like I would actually do some study this week, like I would go a day without sitting brain-dead in front of the laptop on instant messenger and maybe do something productive for once. But here I am, talking about how I did nothing today to a girl I don’t even know. All I know about her is that her name’s HornyAbbey19 and she likes coffee. I like coffee too but that doesn’t exactly make us fucking soul mates. She tells me she doesn’t care that I did nothing today and she just wants me to go on webcam, I tell her to go fucking work the streets and then I disconnect. I like to say fuck a lot when I’m angry. I don’t know why I even expected a decent conversation with someone with a name like hers, it’s not like she’s GoodListenerAbbey or UpForGoodConversations19.I throw the empty vodka bottle beside me across the room and it smashes loudly against my wall, that’s when I realise I’m in a bad mood. That’s been happening a lot lately which is strange, I was always the laidback one, the one who never lost his temper but nowadays I get frustrated over the smallest things. Yesterday in the supermarket some little twelve-year old tried skipping me in the queue, so I tripped the bitch. The old me would have immediately come to my senses and rushed to help her, but the new me... Well, I just laughed and stepped over her crying on the floor and placed my items on the checkout counter much to the horror of the old woman behind it.
    I throw the laptop to my side and pick up the remnants of the vodka bottle managing to cut myself on the process. I ignore the sharp pain, focusing instead of the emotional pain I’m currently feeling. I’m upset over a number of things like when did my life become so dull? I ran through my daily routine searching for a glimpse of hope and it occurs to me, the most significant thing I did today was make toast. The greatest thing I did today was putting two slices of bread into a machine... I wait for a moment to let it sink in. Then it hits me, my life is pathetic. Everything about it, I’d change everything if I could; friends, family, lifestyle. I was surprised it had taken me this long to realise it but I hated my life, I hated every insignificant detail of it. I hated the fact I grew up in a middleclass family, I hated the fact my best friend was someone I only talked to because he lived next door and I most of all I hated myself and what I’d become. I shunned human contact, preferring instead to live my days up in the cavern of my room. But who could blame me when the only other option was spending time with friends I had grown to dislike, I had grown to despise both them and the monotonous activities they indulged in which I on occasion was forced to participate in just to give the impression I was still social to my overbearing parents.
    I opened up my bedroom window and hopped onto the roof. The cool breeze was refreshing after being cooked up in my room all day. Patting down my pockets I searched for a lighter, when I found one I reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out a crumpled box of cigarettes and swiftly lit one. Taking a seat on the windowsill, I took a large drag and then exhaled slowly, attempting to let the wisps of smoke slowly float up my nose. I took another large drag, exhaled and sat in silence for a moment, reflecting on my life. Suddenly I was crying, with my free hand I attempted to rub the tears out but only succeeded in making it worse. I stood up and began pacing up and down my roof, briefly pausing every few steps to take a drag. This wasn’t my own life I was leading, I was following a script. I was trapped, confined by the norms of society, expected to follow the same path everyone followed; school, college, job. Boy meets girl somewhere along the way gets married and they raise progeny of their own. But fuck routine, fuck expectations, fuck the script and most of all fuck this town. It was then I decided, with one last heavy drag I flung the cigarette into the garden and jumped off the roof landing with a loud thud on the ground. I walked to the edge of my driveway, paused briefly and took one last look at my house, the prison I had been in all these years and then turned back around and set off to find something better. I didn’t know where I was going but it didn’t matter, all that mattered was that a new chapter of my life was starting and for once I was the author. I reached into my pocket searching for my mp3 player, found the headphones, slotted them into my ears, stuck on a track and set off along the long road to salvation.

Disclaimer: I'm not the protagonist in this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

this is one i made a while back not too sure about the title but here goes..........

Stories

As his dad did before,
    stories full of wonder and awe,
    of times past that are no more.

I remember his voice as he told them
    The pitch, The tone,
    and the way his voice painted
    a picture as I listened.

as his dad did before,
    stories of dragons and princesses
    and of places that exist only in dreams.

He spoke with clear perfection
    as he told those stories to me,
    each story was different from the last,
    unique one might say,
    but they were always just for me.

My Daddy told me stories
    And I listened.

I might be slightly critical here but I really liked it up until the ending. I just don't think the last two lines are of the same quality, overall great job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

once the snow is gone i'll get my art portfolio off the school and take some pics and post them up (i got a a in higher lever art)... also if ur in a short movie does that count.. i did a course with digital film school and we made a short film and i was in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭knockane_ali09

I might be slightly critical here but I really liked it up until the ending. I just don't think the last two lines are of the same quality, overall great job.

thanks for being honsest i wasnt too sure abot the ending but i just left it as i moved on to other stuff the poem still need a bit of tweaking though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

once the snow is gone i'll get my art portfolio off the school and take some pics and post them up (i got a a in higher lever art)... also if ur in a short movie does that count.. i did a course with digital film school and we made a short film and i was in it

Just saw this question now. Yes, I think that would be fine, so long as you're happy to post it here :)
    D4RK ONION posted his video earlier in the thread, for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Yay for tiny prose.

january is never this cold.
    blue fingers chase brown; porous bone forcing disheartened hearts to beat in perfect tempo. soon they shall untangle; find safehouse somewhere else. knots in hollow chests will dissipate, perhaps migrate.
    to their own safehouses, quite possibly, 'til flesh compacts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I decided last night that this is going to be my project in the summer. I'll have loads and loads of spare time, so it should be fun. Some of the parts look fairly tricky, but I'll look forward to giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Jay P wrote: »
    I decided last night that this is going to be my project in the summer. I'll have loads and loads of spare time, so it should be fun. Some of the parts look fairly tricky, but I'll look forward to giving it a go.
    Building a guitar? That's seriously cool!!!

Hopefully it's gonna work out. I've already committed a few sketches to paper. I've no idea how it'll turn out, but hopefully it'll look the way I want it to. I'm not the best with a saw :o

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

<snip> Not really appropriate for this forum. There's no need to be crude</snip>- Piste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

1024.jpg

another one bites the portfolio dust.

• Advertisement

another one bites the portfolio dust.

When I see things like that it really makes me wish I was some bit artistic.

Advertisement