Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abercrombie and Fitch

Options
  • 04-01-2010 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

I was in Abercrombie and Fitch in London buying Christmas presents two weeks ago. I'd been doing a lot of Xmas shopping that day so was running low on pounds. So I find what I'm looking for, and notice that on the tag the price is quoted in pounds, euro and Yen (I think). I think great, can pay in euro save what pounds I have left, go to the till and I ask if its possible to pay in euros. The guy asks a colleague who says no. My question is what is the point in having the euro and yen there?! I understand having it on their website for international orders etc but in the actual shop in London? Seemed completely pointless. Also I noticed they don't put the $ price on it, to avoid letting you know how much they're ripping you off on the exchange rates!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

this is not limited to abercrombie and fitch, why did you limit the scopr of the thread like that?

or do you just like conversing with people who are A&F fans?

Its marketing shows the global appeal of the brand, and helps tourists, if you were in sweden and the krone was 12.5times value of the euro you would apreciate the euro sign, believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭qwerty2

this is not limited to abercrombie and fitch, why did you limit the scopr of the thread like that?

or do you just like conversing with people who are A&F fans?

I did not in anyway intend to limit the scope of the thread! It was simply where I noticed it. The reason I put it was that I understand most shops here have € and £ on their tags which is perfectly reasonable for distribution reasons etc, however for an international company like A&F, which only has one shop overseas and obviously print different lables specially on it, I see no point in quoting any price other than the £!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

how about for americans who want to know if they are getting ripped off or not if they buy abroad?(here)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

invitation to treat, google it.

also many global companies stick multiple currencies on a price tag to save on costs and time, the labeling can be then done in the sweat shop instead of in the actual shop

Advertisement