Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which console had the best version of street fighter 2 hyper fighting.

Options
  • 04-01-2010 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

Which console do you think had the best version of street fighter 2 hf? I prefered the gameplay and music of the megadrive version,though the snes had better graphics. Has anyone played the PC engine version? Which of the three do you think was the most faithful to the arcade?

Classic game room guy gives his opinions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zfUhWzmAIE

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Technically there was no hyper fighting on the megadrive, it was special championship edition. :D

No in all seriousness the megadrive seemed to play closer to the arcade and I was spending ALOT of time playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I always preferred the Snes version but I think it was more to do with the controller than the grapics or audio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Technically there was no hyper fighting on the megadrive, it was special championship edition. :D

No in all seriousness the megadrive seemed to play closer to the arcade and I was spending ALOT of time playing it.

Yeah there was something about the megadrive version that made it feel more like the arcade,same with the first mortal kombat game. Weird considering the Snes had,graphically, better versions of both games.

Sagat06 wrote: »
    I always preferred the Snes version but I think it was more to do with the controller than the grapics or audio!

The six button megadrive controller had the best d pad ever.Puts modern controllers to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Isn't the XBLA version arcade perfect?

With the exception of slight colour and sound differences, the Mega Drive and SNES versions played the same.

The Megadrive had a few neat extra modes though. Think it had a tournament mode and the ability to disable some special moves.

• Advertisement

Isn't the XBLA version arcade perfect?

With the exception of slight colour and sound differences, the Mega Drive and SNES versions played the same.

The Megadrive had a few neat extra modes though. Think it had a tournament mode and the ability to disable some special moves.

I don't know if it was just me but things seemed to handle slightly differently on the snes. I can't put my finger on it.

Still both awesome versions though.

team battle on Megadrive rocked hard

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think the different feel for the SNES SF2 HF is that the PAL conversion is terrible. It was much better on the megadrive version because Sega actually gave a damn about europe.

The NTSC version on the SNES is far better than the Megadrive version. It's more colourful and the music is way better and plays the same.

However the best version is by far playing the original SF2 HF through an emulator like mame.

I don't know if it was just me but things seemed to handle slightly differently on the snes. I can't put my finger on it.

I'm not sure what it was either,but there is something which made me feel the gameplay of the mega' version was closer to the arcade than the snes version. The Snes version seems to have more slowdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Japanese SNES import for the win! (at least back in the 90s =P)

DSC00887-1.jpg

mr_kyle wrote: »
    Japanese SNES import for the win! (at least back in the 90s =P)

DSC00887-1.jpg

I love the LOOK! Chun Li can do a fireball now!!1!! art.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

man that box was class, i had it.
    i was living in pakistan at the time and i remember buying that.
    it was the best of times.

then i moved here and met Ry, it was the worst of time [oh lalz]

Advertisement