Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genuine Financial Advice

Options
  • 04-01-2010 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anybody know of a facility (even online) that they can recommend re GENUINE Financial Advice.

The reason being I am almost a QFA along with many many other exams myself but giving Financial Advice is'nt my strong point. I have been around the block before so I am looking for someone who is Genuine and knows their stuff.

Many thanks

Trap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Trapattoni wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Does anybody know of a facility (even online) that they can recommend re GENUINE Financial Advice.

The reason being I am almost a QFA along with many many other exams myself but giving Financial Advice is'nt my strong point. I have been around the block before so I am looking for someone who is Genuine and knows their stuff.

Many thanks

Trap

maybe see if MABS need help in their offices and that why you may get some more interaction with regards real financial situations and problems. It would probably have to be a volunteer position as MABS is goverment funded and no recruitment going on there but they are stretched in terms of workload

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 johnc2212

really depends on what you mean by financial advice - is it investing or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Andymfinancial

the only way of learning how to provide investment advice once you have achieved QFA is by going out and trying it. It is a hard industry, ive done it for 23yrs but the key to a career in this is to ALWAYS be truthful and ALWAYS provide the best advice for the customer. Canada Life have recently been taking staff on and they run a 6-8wk intensive training course.

Advertisement