Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion: Widespread Snow Expected Overnight/Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Showers seem to be hitting NI now, Wheres Owenc when you need him? Glad the Shannon Radar has got its act together.......................NOT! So at the moment, i wont know whats heading my way!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

snaps wrote: »
    Showers seem to be hitting NI now, Wheres Owenc when you need him? Glad the Shannon Radar has got its act together.......................NOT! So at the moment, i wont know whats heading my way!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

My temp has just hit 1c now and a DP of -0.9c, should I be concerned about this gradual rise? (.5c in an hour).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭revr

Seems to be rain/sleet in the west of NI but fallin as snow to the east.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just to note that with the loss of the Shannon radar the UKMO radar underplays what ppn there is over the rest of Ireland (with the exception of NI).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The trickle hitting Northern Ireland wouldn't cover a jam jar
    I'd say the most it looks like giving is 2 or 3cm's in the North
    As for the polar low, specsavers anyone!

• Advertisement

Hopefully Owenc is out playing or walking enjoying thesnow, that he is constantly looking for :)
    LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

snow accumulating in Limerick City.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

My temp has just hit 1c now and a DP of -0.9c, should I be concerned about this gradual rise? (.5c in an hour).

No, As far as i know it's just the warm air coming in ahead of the front. As the front passes over and the cold air comes behind your temps will drop again.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it looks like su campu was right again as it's raining here. i was hoping he'd be wrong but deep down knew he wouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Outside after shower this evening:

dsc00017vs.jpg

Local Lane:

dsc00016es.jpg

Main Tullow - Castledermot road:

dsc00015av.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

i've given up hope now here in meath :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

mark_jmc wrote: »
    snow getting heavy in limerick- all of it is staying on the ground

Snow here now too, although light currently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Dont worry im here showers currently seem to be of sleet and no the showers are not of snow in eastern ni that patch of snow that is falling is over the glens of antrim were it is HIGH up. The main band hasnt even reached glasgow yet.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

The trickle hitting Northern Ireland wouldn't cover a jam jar
    I'd say the most it looks like giving is 2 or 3cm's in the North
    As for the polar low, specsavers anyone!

Whats wrong with a few cms of snow,some people haven't seen any,
    and as for the specsavers comment,
    If weather enthusiast people can't mention weather possibilities on a weather forum well then go ****e.

people like you bring down this thread,feck back to your netweather buddies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Must have had another snow shower in the past hour, as there is more snow dusting the ground here. Can see the stars now so possibly that's it until that front makes it way here...hopefully doesn't rain or sleet it, I couldn't take it if it does....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Precipation arriving in donegal, will this fall as sleet or snow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i've given up hope now here in meath :(

don't. there should be snow later once the front passes. it's just annoying that we have to start off with rain and that everytime, despite being in a sustained cold spell, there has been a chance of more organised precipitation conditions have not worked in our favour so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

No sign of snow in Kilkenny at the moment.
    As far as I know, there hasnt been a proper covering of snow ( i.e. lasted more than a few hours) here in between 10 and 15 years!!!
    I still have some hope though . . .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

it looks like su campu was right again as it's raining here. i was hoping he'd be wrong but deep down knew he wouldn't be.

Raining here now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Yes but its not got the shannon radar either working on it, so any percip in the west here is not being picked up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Just seen the monthly outlook on BBC , very promising

Monthly Outlook
    Print Monthly Outlook RSS Feed for Monthly Outlook
    Close the Monthly Outlook box

Published at 09:00 on 4th January