Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion: Widespread Snow Expected Overnight/Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Hell yeah, coming down thick and hard now!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Im upset because our mess to the north looks like only clipping the north west now,all gone horribly wrong for me tonight.
    Ah well,roll on the next belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Hell yeah, coming down thick and hard now!:D
    Nice Croppy Still light here but picks up every now and again, is it sticking there croppy?

Villain wrote: »
    Nice Croppy Still light here but picks up every now and again, is it sticking there croppy?

Yeah it seems to be sticking alright, surprisingly, a fair bit of rain/sleet fell, but it must have froze/turned to slush on the frozen ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

just back from having a smoke and im covered in snow, its really heavy.
    im in maynooth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭knoximus

4246265807_27c6fa5852.jpg

Sticking:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Around 3.45am...

Click Here - 1mb

Anywayyy, seems to have eased off a fair bit here :(, so, I think thats my signal to hit the hay! Oiche mhaith!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Heavy here now huge flakes

Stopped for 10 minutes, now starting again, I don't hear any more lorries on the N8!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Glad to see it's moving south now, hopefully cork gets some if not tonight then tomorrow night. Night boards! :)

Getting heavier again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Plenty here yet again :(

3 weeks now we've had snow on the ground without melting, it was just starting to thaw the past few days and now its all being topped off again. Really am sick to death of this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Been following the thread all day like most days the last few weeks. Had to leave the computer since about 12am. Come back at 4:30 am and start reading posts and skipping through a few pages to get a gist and catch up on the 30 or so pages I missed out on in the last 4 hours. See radar maps from about 2 am with a huge bank of precipitation bearing down on the Dublin/Bray area, Start to get excited. Start seeing a rake of posts exclaiming Woohoo! Snow!!. Skip a few more pages towards the latest page and see a post by Hashslinging about snow in Bray and snow somewhere else with none for him in between. But hey, tough luck to him but He said, 'SNOW IN BRAY' Woohoo!!I check the latest radar and the Precipitation has almost cleared the Bray/Wicklow area.I pull back the curtains and look out in the back garden and what do I see?..............

Green Fcuking grass and a Starry Sky????

FFS, I give up. Reading these weather posts is not actually an exciting thing, its an excercise in fcuking frustration. If I stayed away, I would not hear about all these close but no cigar snow scenarios. What I didn't know I missed wouldn't bother me. I read...therefore I know...therfore I want to fcuking punch something when it doesn't come off......again!! :D:D

I am going to bow out before I start sounding like OwenC :D....Doh! Too Late :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

bastards.....

I think thats it for tonight - 90 mins of snow and around 2cm or 3cm or thereabouts. Radar looks like I was lucky as it appears the Castlecomer Pleatau is killing it off. Currently 1c with dewpoints of 0.7c. Hopefully no thaw. Goodnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Ive got to get back to Letterkenny on Wednesday for exams the following day..not looking good judging by that forecast

The buses have been cancelled all week so I best keep an eye on things

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

digme wrote: »
    bastards.....

I like it, Simple. To The point. Encapsulates my feelings and thoughts exactly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Well done to all who got snow, Looks like it's just dying off before it gets to wexford so i'm off to bed for my 3 hours sleep :eek:

night all

EDIT: Just looking at the charts there and with my limited knowledge it looks very good for the east from about 3 o clock tomorrow till late wednesday! here's hoping anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Looks like our Waterford snow shield is working again. It's breaking up before it will reach us. Temp is 0.7 dp -1.4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Thought i was going to wake up to a lovely white Blanket of snow...........Nothing but a dusting. So dissapointed.

I notice the shannon radar worked for 30mins last night!!!!!!!Wow!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A fresh cover of wet snow here this morning on the roads and cars. Messy cover on the grass and roofs. Obviously snow was quite wet and only fully stuck to the very cold surfaces.

Day 6 now of snow on the ground. -0.9c with a DP of -1.2c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

Plenty of snow here in east meath.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Somebody tell me the winds will veer to the north east - everything I am looking is showing a northerly for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Ha! a simply pathetic dusting in Kilkenny . I hope that there is more onthe way, but today's weather forecast does not sound great1

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Alas woke up to a light covering of Snow in Cork (Between Ballincollig and Macroom) Nothing in Ballincollig only ICE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

snowing very heavy during my drive to work into conemmara. ice under the snow, lethal. not one road treated! 30km/h all the way. im 30mins late but im here & in one piece!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

About 1-2cm on the ground here. Never thought the roads would still be white on day 20 of this freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Main feature overnight is the construction of a low over Isle of Man, this will slide southwards through the day bring heavy snow to central England later.

As it does could slide some beefy snow showers tantilisingly close to the east coast.

These will brush with the east in the coming hours.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Plenty of snow here in east meath.
    Whereabouts in East Meath? Its not to heavy in Colpe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement