Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion: Widespread Snow Expected Overnight/Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

[quote=tony1212;6379941all we got was a dusting,[/quote]

you got more than most in that case. We said here yesterday that Limerick would only get a dusting at best. It will be hit and miss for you for the rest of the week Tony. Can't see the City getting anything between now and Thursday morn when an atlantic frontal system slides down the western seaboard. Models have kept the front on the extreme western seaboard for last 48hrs so it will be interesting to see if it is upgraded or downgraded in next 24 hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Where's Owenc when you need him. Owen?.... :rolleyes:

The short TAF for Derry/Eglington shows moderate to heavy snow from 9-11am this morning.

TAF EGAE 050752Z 0509/0518 33010KT 9999 SCT020 TEMPO 0509/0511 2000 SHSN BKN008 PROB30 TEMPO 0509/0511 1200 +SHSN BKN004=

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

paulhac wrote: »
    Estofex have the Irish Sea down for possible Ts today.

That would be the ultimate kick in the 'nads. Thunder Snow slipping south in the Irish Sea, just out of arms' reach :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

We got a dusting in Naas last night, was not fun with the massive power cut we had too !!! :eek:

Looking at the Dublin mountains there is a load of cloud and if I look out the other window onto the Irish Sea I see the same.

Blue skies above though !! ARGH :mad::mad::mad:

Wibbler wrote: »
    That would be the ultimate kick in the 'nads. Thunder Snow slipping south in the Irish Sea, just out of arms' reach :)

We could all rent a boat !! lol ! :D

• Advertisement

Nacho and anyone in N Mayo or Sligo. Irish seems to be sending that snow across Donegal Bay to you. http://www.meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur

Guys, for those of you more experienced in this can I ask a question ?

That bank of snow coming down off the west coast of Scotland. Is there any chance that could reach as far as Dublin ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

As I sat reading the posts here at 3 am this morning when Dublin got its snow I congratulated them and thought my snow event had finished for the year. Little did I think I would be having my best snow day yet.. still bucketing down here. I would guess a good inch plus in the last half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Been snowing very heavy here in south donegal all morning , OH YEAH BABY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

I'm assuming, because I cant find any road condition reports anywhere, that the roads around the country are fine today except in Donegal. Anyone have any knowledge with which to disagree ?

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »
    Been snowing very heavy here in south donegal all morning , OH YEAH BABY!

Pangea, Isn't it absolutely beautiful !! And by the looks of the raintoday radar which has been spot on all morning there is loads more to come this morning:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

irish1967 wrote: »
    As I sat reading the posts here at 3 am this morning when Dublin got its snow I congratulated them and thought my snow event had finished for the year. Little did I think I would be having my best snow day yet.. still bucketing down here. I would guess a good inch plus in the last half hour.

Snow, Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

I now declare Cork city officially immune to snow....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Pangea, Isn't it absolutely beautiful?? Any by the looks of the raintoday radar which has been spot on all morning there is loads more to come this morning:)
    Stop hogging all that snow and give us some :P

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

looks like the south east will miss out again....:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Wibbler wrote: »
    Will these showers be as intense this evening and tonight when the airflow turns more NE? Like s**** they will!
    As you say the ultimate kick in the nads!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Just starting to snow in sligo town now.

kkontour wrote: »

You got snow to celebrate your 100th post !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

mad DIY wrote: »
    Snow, Dublin ?
    It will probably snow this evening or later in Dublin. Check out Snowaddict's update a few posts back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Just the lightest of dustings on top of the existing snow/ice in D15.

Which sucks cos I either wanted a thaw, or wanted sufficient snow to make walking on paths safe again. As is I think the paths will be as bad as yesterday :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

I'd say there is a good chance those snow showers will hit us here in Limerick. Am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Lads,

Was a bit underwhelmed at the amount of snow Dublin saw last. It seemed to snow for a good while yet all we seem to have gotten was a light dusting. :(

Anyway, heres to tonights streamers. :)

Should there be a new thread for todays/tonights events ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

dedon wrote: »
    I'd say there is a good chance those snow showers will hit us here in Limerick. Am I right?

Absolutely 100% chance.

Honestly I haven't a clue but think positive ;):D

dedon wrote: »
    No. You may see an isolated wintry shower this afternoon but that's about it for today. That band of showers up north will make it down to Galway at best.

precip chart up to midday
    3hr-rain.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

I can see those cumulonimbus cloud tops from near 50 miles away here, to my east, they look impressive. Won't affect here but the east coast might get some action .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

good fall of snow over night here in monaghan town and currently snowing again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I have to say that this...

combined with this...

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

is looking really promising for Mayo for the next few hours.

Might cheer nacho libre up a bit too if it holds steady. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

kkontour wrote: »

And it's been quite dark for the last 30 minutes. Lets hope for a nice heavy snowfall!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    No. You may see an isolated wintry shower this afternoon but that's about it for today. That band of showers up north will make it down to Galway at best.

precip chart up to midday
    3hr-rain.gif

Is this saying that the east coast is within a gee hair of a snowfall? If we all head for a coast and face east and use a sucking motion with our mouths, would we get snow?

BTW: God I love this thread and some of the characters on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Well people have defended Met.ie but even a newbie like me has to say I've been unimpressed with their service. They get some kudos for not predicting snow unnessacarily but even a cursory glance at their site through the day reveals an ever changing forecast, sometimes four or five times a day, text not matching graphics and worse of all ever increasingly vague forecasts. I mean if all it takes to forecast is to say- it will be bitterly cold with wintry showers of rain, sleet or snow especially over high ground etc etc give me boards any day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement