Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion: Widespread Snow Expected Overnight/Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Starting to rotate nicely now. Lads, that system is going to intensify further by the look of things.

image.ashx?country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=ir

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

A dusting one morning that melted by about 10 o'clock. Some parts of the county had more though.

Yeah?! Jeez, here in Carlow town I had snow for the best part of a week, about 4" fell on the first fall which was then topped up by passing showers over the following days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Rained here to a while ago, and for the first time in about 3 weeks, it didn't freeze straight away, this prompted me to turn on the car for a temp reading -0.5c.
    Sky is foggy looking so might be more rain :( !!! but calm night out, and if it has to rain before i get ?cms of snow then so be it.. :D lol

is the next chart due after pubrun??? or sooner? really interested to see what happened the beedy little eye... well more of a Dali type comma, but remaining ever optimistic :p

Edit: and there is the chart, while i was asking the question lol...timing or what.... mostly or what i know i know...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I think the general concensus amoung the pro's was to disregard the BBC's forecast for Ireland as they probably dont put a whole lot of time into forecasting for the Republic, and why would they? :p

Grandmaster doesn't want snow. He only posts in this thread to try to annoy people.
    I'd class him a troll, but that's not for me to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

This is getting to exciting now, going to take a break and watch "the hustle" on bbc 1. then i'll be back! Hopefully Owenc will have some good news.

Bad news here is temps are slowly rising, was 1.1c and hour ago, now 2.1c.

• Advertisement

I think the general concensus amoung the pro's was to disregard the BBC's forecast for Ireland as they probably dont put a whole lot of time into forecasting for the Republic, and why would they? :p

Grandmaster doesn't want snow. He only posts in this thread to try to annoy people.
    I'd class him a troll, but that's not for me to decide.

This is getting to exciting now, going to take a break and watch "the hustle" on bbc 1. then i'll be back! Hopefully Owenc will have some good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Yeah?! Jeez, here in Carlow town I had snow for the best part of a week, about 4" fell on the first fall which was then topped up by passing showers over the following days.

yeah, there was snow all around south kilkenny, Even kilkenny city had some and it avoided me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Has this site gone fierce slow, or is it just me?

Anyway, rainfall chart for 11pm:

3hr-rain.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Follow him up to carlow :pac::pac: :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

snaps wrote: »
    Thank god our early warning radar is back! So whats happening up there?

Nothing really happenig just sleet infact i don't know really i think its sleet but its cold anyway as snow is still lying... cannot wait to this polar low comes and gives us 15cm that would be great! i would say its snowing up above will check now to see if it is snowing or sleeting was hard to work out as the window was just wet but i seen a bit of sleety drops falling so im assuming it was sleeting.......

Has this site gone fierce slow, or is it just me?

Anyway, rainfall chart for 11pm:
    yeah went very slow there for a few minutes.

Has boards just crashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Had a light dusting of snow here outside Mullingar about hour ago-Temp is rising outside now-def not freezing here...............yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

No sign of snow in Kilkenny at the moment.
    As far as I know, there hasnt been a proper covering of snow ( i.e. lasted more than a few hours) here in between 10 and 15 years!!!
    I still have some hope though . . .:)
    Same down here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Was snowing in Newbridge 10 mins ago when I was coming in the front door , Just played football tonight in The Astro pitches in Clondalkin , There was a about 1-2 of virgin snow there !

Its was great crack , but Im bloody freezing now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Temp rising here now. Gone from -0.8C to 0C in 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Starting to rotate nicely now. Lads, that system is going to intensify further by the look of things.

image.ashx?country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=ir
    What am I looking at?

sniff sniff...hic ....i got frozen outta boards.ie..... I thought I broke it!!!:eek: was editing post and then nothing!!!

okay now, sniff... phew that was close... nearly had nuclear melt down to have site crash just hours before the main event!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

"canna cope captain, i think she's gonna blow" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Donegal Airport reporting northwest wind at 13kts, temp +5, dewpoint +2°C

Sligo
    METAR EISG 042030Z AUTO 25005KT 190V290 9999 FEW013 SCT018 BKN027 03/02 Q1015=

Derry Eglington
    METAR EGAE 041950Z 22009KT 9999 FEW015 SCT033 02/01 Q1013=

Aldergrove (Light snow showers)
    METAR EGAA 042050Z 23005KT 9999 7000E -SHSN SCT004 BKN032 00/00 Q1012=

Belfast City (no dewpoint reported)
    METAR EGAC 042050Z 25010KT 9999 FEW006 SCT010 00/// Q1012=

Shannon repoerting light drizzle, with a deterioration expected in the next hour
    METAR EINN 042030Z 24008KT 9999 -DZ SCT013 BKN021 OVC027 02/01 Q1017 TEMPO 5000 BKN010=

Meanwhile, the latest Baldonnel TAF at 1952Z gives sleet tonight with a chance of light snow showers between 1 and 5am
    TAF EIME 041952Z 0421/0506 23011KT 9999 SCT018 SCT023 TEMPO 0421/0501 SCT004 BKN007 PROB30 TEMPO 0421/0501 4000 BR -SHRASN BKN004 TEMPO 0501/0505 5000 -RASN SCT004 BKN007 PROB40 TEMPO 0501/0505 3000 -SN BKN004 BECMG 0501/0504 33013KT=

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hasnt been a flake of snow here all day, still freezing hard under cloudy skies for past few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Snow got into the internets, thats what happened to Boards !! :D

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Snow got into the internets, thats what happened to Boards !! :D

377 (112 members & 265 guests) ... on the weather forum :eek:

just giving this another shot, keep getting tossed out of system when i go to post... something weird happening... only hoping that its the weight of the snow on wifi lololol

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Snowshoe Sam

Very light dusting of snow on car roof now.

Must have fallen in last hour or so...how did I miss that??:eek:

Starry sky now once again..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Raining here now in Donegal.
    The ice is as bad as ever now , it really is lethal out there , theres been freezing rain all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

just stopped snowing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Raining now Donegal Town. If it freezes on this there will be fun in the morning yet again. 16th night in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

The 9 news has just been on about the weather for the last few mins snow and cold for the next few days with not enough salt to go around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

No end of the cold spell in sight says Met E. on the 9 o clock news. They say it will stay cold all weekend and into the early days of next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement