Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion: Widespread Snow Expected Overnight/Tuesday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

200motels wrote: »
    What am I looking at?

There is a Polar Low forming to the West of the Faroe Islands which hopefully will dump lots of snow on us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

9 weather in a few mins is critical imo they have the information and if they don't give a warning its a bad sign imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

yogidc26 wrote: »
    The 9 news has just been on about the weather for the last few mins snow and cold for the next few days with not enough salt to go around

yes the salt is running out here i havnt seen a salter in days must be about 3days but they are salting though only main roads and its only once or twice a night not constant like usually.. in fife in scotland they have run out of salt! im sure if this goes on for any more than another week we up here will have run out of salt too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I am gonna leave here until 11, i expect 100 pages of posts and an image of a monster polar low to the north of NI when i return:D

At this rate, you might get your 100 pages and the polar low!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

they gave a warning at 6.55

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Snow still coming down heavy in Newcastle West. And it's sticking, should make the drive to work interesting in the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 slingshot

Not a flake here but patches of ice like glass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

weather warning in effect on met eireann website

http://www.met.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

would someone go and kick that shannon radar up the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

so its snowing in limerick county and city and north tipp, but not east clare. stupid bloody weird weather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Snowing lightly here now at the moment. Temp of 0.7 C and -0.9 C (not sure if temp sensor is a bit erratic atm, or if in fact temps are going up and down)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

That big "circulation" to the noth seems to be decumpling, rather than winding up, probably jsut going to be a standard trough feature by the time it reaches us here. Hope we get some nice showers though by this time tomorrow here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

the way i see it
    this fairly non event front is on the noth north west allready with very little precip in it,the colder weather only look's a few hour's away for the north.
    a lot of heavy shower's moveing in on much colder air,how far down the country they will get,who know's,these snow shower's are battering scotland north of oban in a line across to dundee.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

It looks to me like it will just head out into the atlantic, maybe hitting the NW somewhat...

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=ir&type=loop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

That was the dullest forecast I've ever watched, and possibly the shortest! However, widespread rain sleet and snow forecast over pretty much the northern 4/5 opf the country until tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well Met reckon the low that some reckon could become a polar low will slip off to the NW giving the NW snow but missing 90% of Ireland mind you they weren't very precise on anything else.

Some people will never understand that you can't pinpoint where it will or won't snow

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Nice forecast just there, cant remember last time I seen a chart with all snow images in all parts of the country...:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

"Rain, sleet and snow
    Rain, sleet and snow
    Rain, sleet and snow
    Rain, sleet and snow"

Could she have said it anymore?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 slingshot

She said and showed Snow showers for Dublin. I love snow! I think nobody knows whats going to happen as they all seem to be conflicting with each other. I hope it doesnt swing away as suggested.

Bucketing down now and just went outside and got that crunching sound when walking in the driveway :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

As a newbie to this forecasting lark, trying to learn signs, symbols, meanings sometimes i wish weather forecasters would slow down a bit when giving the forecast so that ppl could have a look at what they are talking about...
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it seems according to the 9:30pm that the cold front is over us already and just giving bits of rain, sleet or snow but generally just a lot of cloud cover. once again the potential from this front was overestimated by the models. however, later tonight does look more promising if you live in the west and north, and with the wind being strong tomorrow that will help to push the showers well inland, but i suspect they won't all be of snow. as for thursday i think we can discount widespread snowfall in the west and north from that feature, given how much warm air it will be sucking in.

445279.ie wrote: »
    Bucketing down now and just went outside and got that crunching sound when walking in the driveway :p

And you are where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Fear Sneachta

445279.ie wrote: »

That doesn't help because we dont know where you are!! :)

Locations People!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Great, Derry Eglington have stopped reporting METARs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

I want snow in Dublin! Come ooooooon, snow in Dublin! :D *crosses fingers*

snaps wrote: »
    And you are where?

according to his avatar he/she is on the dark side:eek:

snaps wrote: »
    And you are where?

Newcastle West

Had said it in earlier so didn't add it to this one, sorry ;)

Ive started to have this feeling we are all about to be let down. Look Christmas day here it was -4c and it pelted it down with rain, no conditions look perfect, but im still thinking it will be just rain tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

If you put the Met.ie radar on a loop it comes on for a split second at 20.45 and shows those showers they have been getting in Limerick and Tipp.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement