Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cupboard under stairs

• 04-01-2010 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

The boss has told me she needs a cupboard under the stairs for storage. it is only a small area (as there is already an understairs loo)currently encased in plasterboard. Anyone able to give me advice on how to go about this project

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Might just have to remove plaster board, make me a timber frame, and then something for a door. You could use mdf for the door and paint, or sheeted timber and varnish, really depends on taste and whats their.

It may be quite a small space as their is already a toilet installed. A few pics might help with some more advice.

Remember that when you get into the void, you may be dealing with a 4"soil coming from the Pan which you wont be able to do much with, and it will make your store a lot smaller. I underlined may as it depends on the layout of your sanitary ware and pipework.

Advertisement